I’m happy to be known as ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’ girl: BhagyashreeMay 10th, 2009 - 10:31 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 10 (IANS) Actress Bhagyashree, who made her presence felt after many years on reality dance show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa”, is not worried because people still recall her as the demure girl in the 1989 hit “Maine Pyar Kiya”. She is happy to be remembered for her best work.
“See, people will always remember your best work. In fact, I feel blessed and thank god for my association with a film like ‘Maine Pyaar Kiya’, which is one of the good examples of filmmaking in India,” Bhagyashree told IANS.
Asked if she ever felt bad that her other films and her work in later television serials went unnoticed as compared to the hit movie, she said: “People do say and remark: ‘See, she is riding high on the waves of the film’s success even now’. But it’s not that I am unhappy about it. I am glad that I could be a part of an image that has stayed in people’s minds for so many years.”
In “Maine Pyaar Kiya”, a low-budget romantic film by Sooraj Barjatya, Bhagyashree was paired opposite superstar Salman Khan. It became a rage among the youngsters with its popular songs “Kabutar jaa jaa”, “Dil deewana” and “Mere rang mein” among others.
Asked if she is still in touch with her co-star, she said: “I am not in regular touch with Salman. But if we bump into each other at some event, we definitely talk.”
Before “Maine Pyaar Kiya”, Bhagyashree was seen on a TV series called “Kachchi Dhoop”, but not many remember her for for her role in it. After the 1989 hit, she did films like “Qaid Mein Hai Bulbul”, “Tyaagi”, “Payal” and “Humko Deewani Kar Gaye”, which went unnoticed and her career saw a downward trend after she reportedly insisted on starring only opposite her husband, actor-turned-producer Himalaya Dasani.
Bhagyashree says she was seen in few films because she never ran after money and fame.
“I would rather be turned on by the script and subject and another factor that I always look for is working with people who are nice,” she said.
The 40-year-old actress has recently starred in her first Marathi film “Zhak Marli Bayko Keli”. She is also working on a Hindi film titled “Red Alert - The War Within” in which she stars alongside Suniel Shetty.
So what makes Bhagyashree look as fresh as ever and raring to try out complex dance moves for a dance reality show even after two decades and two kids?
“It is the peace within my soul that has kept me looking fresh and young after so many years. I feel if a person feels positive within, positivity automatically reflects on the face and that’s just the case with me,” she said.
- I interacted with a naxalite's family: Bhagyashree - Jun 23, 2010
- 'Jhalak...' makers wanted gossip, rivalry for TRPs: Bhagyashree - Apr 16, 2009
- Bhagya is sore but not givig up - Apr 18, 2009
- Like Madhuri, Sandeepa wants to be known for dancing - Dec 07, 2010
- I want to make another film with Salman: Sooraj Barjatya (Interview) - Nov 18, 2010
- 'Tees Maar Khan' more Shirish's film: Farah Khan (Movie Snippets) - Dec 05, 2010
- Bhagyashree makes theatre debut with 'Mujhse Shaadi Karoge' (With Image) - Mar 11, 2011
- Bollywood overlooked Isha Sharvani's talent: KJo - Jul 06, 2012
- TV actor Manish Paul turns con man for debut movie - Jul 20, 2012
- David Dhawan proud of Katrina's 'Chikhni chameli' - Jan 27, 2012
- TV pays well, treats well, says Rajeev Verma (With Image) - Jun 15, 2011
- Salman 'ready' for cameo in 'Taarak Mehta...' (With Images) - May 23, 2011
- The bold, naughty Bollywood heroine comes of age - Nov 18, 2011
- Shweta Salve to co-host 'DID Doubles' - Jan 07, 2011
- Winter rain: Splashing romance on Bollywood songs - Jan 24, 2012
Tags: actress, bhagyashree, co star, dance show, deewana, dhoop, downward trend, filmmaking, jaa, low budget, maine pyaar kiya, maine pyar kiya, money and fame, payal, popular songs, romantic film, salman khan, television serials, tv series, youngsters