I’m extremely fond of Lara: Riteish Deshmukh (Interview)September 18th, 2009 - 9:41 am ICT by IANS
By Ruchika Kher
New Delhi, Sep 18 (IANS) Just when it was becoming tiring to hear every actor say what great friends they were with their co-stars, Bollywood actor Riteish Deshmukh has come up with something entirely new - he says he is very “fond” of his co-star Lara Dutta.
“My camaraderie with Lara is excellent and I am extremely fond of her. I have worked with her before; so I share a certain rapport with her,” Riteish told IANS in an interview.
“Do Knot Disturb” is his third film with the former beauty queen after “Bardaasht” and “Masti”.
“As colleagues it is important to have on-screen chemistry and when you are doing comedy it is important to have the right timing and everything. Both of us understand that.
“It’s great that there are times when we got a scene and we didn’t need to rehearse because I know exactly what Lara is going to do and she knows exactly what I’m going to do,” added the actor who is also doing Sajid Khan’s “Housefull” with the actress.
“Do Knot Disturb” also stars Govinda and Sushmita Sen and is slated to hit screens Oct 2.
The 30-year-old actor, who has emerged as a comic star after doing a series of comedies like “Masti”, “Dhamaal”, “Heyy Baby” and “Kyaa Kool Hai Hum” among others, revealed that his dream of working with Govinda was realised when he was offered this film.
“I always wanted to work with Govinda and David Dhawan. I’m glad that both these people came together in a single film.”
So was he insecure or nervous about working with the king of comedy?
“Insecurity comes in when there is competition. In my head it is very clear that Govinda is a far superior actor. He is an institution. You cannot compete with him. Once you understand this, you are free to do as you wish and there is freedom to give your best,” he said.
But at the same time Riteish admits while shooting for the laugh riot he was on his toes.
“I was always on my toes because Govinda is such a good actor that you don’t want to let him down or let the scene down because of your incompetence. I tried to do as good as possible so that I can match up to his talent and calibre. I didn’t want people to say that Govinda is doing so well, but Riteish is spoiling it,” he added.
When asked about his reason to stick to mainly comic capers, Riteish, who started his career in 2003 with “Tujhe Meri Kasam”, says that it is not a deliberate attempt to limit himself in one genre.
“Doing comedies is not a deliberate attempt. When certain films work, those are the kinds of offers that keep coming to you; that’s the reason why I feature mostly in laugh riots,” elucidated Riteish.
“But I’m glad that now I have some films which are not comedies. So I’m looking forward to other genres. It’s important for these films to do well so that more such films get offered to me.”
Riteish will be seen in three non-comedies that include “Aladin”, “Rann” and “Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai”.
- Enough of sequels, comedies for Riteish! - Jun 27, 2012
- Riteish gets serious! - Jun 05, 2012
- Film promotion is a necessity now: Govinda - Nov 07, 2011
- Riteish wants to keep his wedding private affair - Dec 15, 2011
- Our marriage not behind 'Tere Naal...' success: Riteish - Mar 03, 2012
- There can only be one Govinda in Bollywood: Riteish Deshmukh - Jun 18, 2009
- David Dhawan has acting dreams - and Govinda's in them! - Sep 19, 2009
- Govinda is undoubtedly the King of Comedy -Ritesh Deshmukh - Oct 02, 2009
- No Blues for Donning Bikinis in Houseful! - Apr 02, 2010
- Genelia keeps me on my toes: Riteish Deshmukh - Jan 23, 2012
- Govinda is David Dhawan's Partner No. 1 - Sep 26, 2009
- When I want to make people laugh, I work with David Dhawan: Sushmita Sen - Sep 06, 2009
- Anna out, Govinda in on 'Movers & Shakers' first episode - Mar 09, 2012
- Riteish goes by audiences choice, accepts funny films - Jun 24, 2011
- I'd love to work with Priyanka Chopra again: Akshay Kumar - Apr 30, 2010
Tags: bardaasht, beauty queen, camaraderie, co star, co stars, comedies, govinda, great friends, housefull, insecurity, king of comedy, knot, kyaa kool hai hum, lara dutta, laugh riot, masti, riteish deshmukh, ruchika, screen chemistry, sushmita sen