Jim Carrey signs on for Pierre PierreMarch 6th, 2008 - 12:22 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Mar 6 (ANI): Jim Carrey has signed on to star in the new Fox Atomic comedy Pierre Pierre.
The pic will be directed by Oscar nominated director Jason Reitman. The budget for the movie has been pegged at 13 million dollars.
The politically incorrect story revolves around a self-indulgent French nihilist who transports a stolen painting from Paris to London.
Escape Artists Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch are producing along with Dan Dubiecki from Reitman’s banner Hard C. Reitman is also on board as producer.
Fox Atomic acquired Edwin Cannistraci and Frederick Seton’s script for 1 million dollars after a heated bidding war that came down to Universal, Mandate and itself, reports Variety.
Carrey next stars in Warner Bros.’ “Yes Man” and lends his voice to 20th Century Fox’s “Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who.” (ANI)
- Jennifer to star in 'Ends of the Earth' - Aug 07, 2012
- Jason Reitman starts his own production company - Aug 07, 2009
- Johnny Depp to work in biopic - Oct 09, 2011
- "Avatar" and "The Hurt Locker" lead 82nd Academy Awards nominations - Feb 03, 2010
- Denzel Washington set to make foray into TV - Aug 13, 2009
- 'Newton’s 3rd Law' To Release In Four Indian Languages On April 2011 - Jan 11, 2011
- Winslet, Brolin to star in 'Labor Day' - Jun 18, 2011
- Grieving Travolta thanks colleagues for 'unselfish efforts' - Jun 09, 2009
- Carrey out of 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel - Jun 21, 2012
- Oscar 2010: The 82nd Annual Academy Award Winners - Mar 08, 2010
- Neeson to star in Unknown White Male? - Aug 06, 2009
- Harry Potter, Broadway producers battle for Daniel Radcliffe - Mar 02, 2011
- Celine Dion's twins baptized - Mar 08, 2011
- Patrick Wilson and Patton Oswalt join Adult - Sep 25, 2010
- Rose Byrne joins Nicolas Cage in sci-fi thriller Knowing - Mar 05, 2008
Tags: 1 million dollars, 20th century fox, bidding war, blumenthal, budget, comedy, dr seuss, escape artists, jason reitman, jim carrey, mandate, new fox, nihilist, paris to london, seton, signs, steve tisch, stolen painting, warner bros, yes man