I’m born to act, not sing or paint: Manoj BajpayeeJanuary 19th, 2012 - 3:59 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 19 (IANS) Some actors weild the paintbrush, while others exercise their vocals chords. But actor Manoj Bajpayee doesn’t see himself venture into either fields as he believes painters and singers are born talented — and not created.
“I love paintings, but I believe painters are not created, they are born. The same applies to music. I tried my hand at singing, but failed everytime. I have realised that every person is born to do a special task, I am born to act while these painters are born to paint,” the 42-year-old actor said here while inaugurating a painting exhibition.
Meanwhile, Manoj, who had two releases “Aarakshan” and “Lanka” in 2011, has a busy calendar this year.
“First is ‘Chittagong Uprising’, distributed by Anurag Kashyap and Sunil Bohra. Then there is ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’. I still have to work out other projects but in all, there are expected to be at least four of my releases this year,” said the National award-winning actor.
He first won the National award for best supporting actor for his performance in “Satya”, and his second award came as a special jury trophy for his work in “Pinjar”.
Manoj started his career in 1997 with “Tamanna” and went on to do films like “Satya”, “Shool”, “Zubeidaa”, “Pinjar”, “Veer Zaara” and “Raajneeti”.
- When Manoj Bajpayee was harassed for being different - Jul 09, 2012
- To watch best story, go for 'Lanka': Manoj Bajpai - Nov 29, 2011
- There are no villains: Manoj Bajpayee - Dec 09, 2011
- Manoj Bajpayee takes inspiration from himself - Mar 27, 2012
- Bhansali's 'Ram Leela' goes on floor in September (Movie Snippets) - Aug 17, 2012
- Amitabh refrains from personal comments on 'Aarakshan' - Jun 13, 2011
- I am the face of commercialisation of education: Manoj Bajpayee (Interview) - Aug 01, 2011
- Nawaz, Manoj turn revolutionaries for 'Chittagong' (Movie Snippets) - Sep 07, 2012
- Hema Malini to do cameo in 'Aarakshan' - Feb 22, 2011
- Big B praises 'Gangs of Wasseypur' to the skies - Jun 24, 2012
- Interesting Facts and Figures Manoj Bajpai - May 11, 2009
- 'Gangs Of Wasseypur' runs houseful - Jun 22, 2012
- We'll visit Wasseypur after the film's release: Kashyap - Jun 18, 2012
- Manoj Bajpayee becomes a father - Mar 02, 2011
- I always wanted to be director: Salman Khan (Movie Snippets) - Oct 23, 2010
Tags: actors, best supporting actor, exhibition, films, gangs, jan 19, kashyap, paintbrush, painters, painting, paintings, satya, singers, special jury, sunil, tamanna, trophy, uprising, veer zaara, zubeidaa