I’m badshah of bedroom: SRKDecember 17th, 2010 - 4:41 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 17 (IANS) Trust Bollywood ‘badshah’ Shah Rukh Khan to do things with a bang. He is now ready to make his small screen comeback with “Zor Ka Jhatka” on Imagine TV, and claims he will beat all competition on television.”I am the badshah of bedroom. Now people may say I am being vulgar, but the kind of entertainment I provide to my viewers enjoying in their bedrooms - no one else can,” Shah Rukh, in his trademark witty style, told reporters here Friday.
Looking dapper in a black suit and a white shirt, Shah Rukh spoke at the grand launch of the show, the Indian edition of internationally popular show “Wipeout”.
Shah Rukh will take 28 TV stars out of their comfort zone to battle out each other in an obstacle course set in Argentina.
The participants on the show include Akashdeep Saigal, Amit Sareen, Ashima Bhalla, Bakhtiyaar Irani, Claudia Ciesla, Debina Bonnerjee, Gaurav Chopraa, Jennifer Winget, Karishma Tanna, Kushal Punjabi, Narayani Shastri, Natasha Suri, Payal Rohatgi, Priyadarshani Singh, Raja Chaudhary, Rohit Verma, Simran Kaur Mundi among others.
They will be challenged by Shah Rukh to a series of hilarious tasks.
The prize money is worth Rs.1.5 crore, including a mega cash prize for the winner of the finale.
Known for his perfect comic timing and snazzy dialogues, Shah Rukh will add spunk to the show.
“I’m looking forward to being a super funny host-commentator. In fact, my children and I have watched the international version often and really loved it. I am sure to ‘Wipeout’ all your worries and make you have loads of fun,” said Shah Rukh, who earlier hosted shows like “Kaun Banega Crorepati” and “Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain?”.
Sameer Nair, CEO of Turner General Entertainment Networks India Pvt. Ltd., says the show will be a hit among all age groups.
“Simply put, it is an outstanding entertainer…something that the whole family can watch together. The combination of a super star host, bizarrely challenging obstacles, enthusiastic and competitive contestants and a whole lot of bloopers will make this show a must watch, night after night,” said Nair.
The shooting will begin in Argentina in January.
- SRK returns to small screen with 'Zor Ka Jhatka' (Lead) - Dec 17, 2010
- Kushal Punjabi wins 'Zor Ka Jhatka' - Feb 26, 2011
- I will never want my show to stoop down: SRK - Dec 24, 2010
- (VM) I just got lucky, says SRK on 20 years in B-Town - Jun 25, 2012
- Mink lost six kg while shooting for 'Zor Ka Jhatka' - Feb 20, 2011
- SRK's 'dil to pagal hai' for Madhuri - Dec 17, 2010
- ‘Zor Ka Jhatka’ Leads To Major Changes In Slot Of Other Prime Time Shows - Jan 13, 2011
- Shah Rukh Khan: All Set To Host Indian Version Of 'Wipeout' - Dec 10, 2010
- Gurmeet Choudhary Is Missing Debina Bonnerjee Terribly! - Dec 24, 2010
- SRK back to TV - shoots for fiction show in Mannat (With Images) - May 03, 2011
- Dimpy Mahajan Missing Her Hubby Rahul! - Jan 14, 2011
- I'll be dumbfounded on meeting SRK: Dimpy Ganguly - Jan 19, 2011
- Bhojpuri, Bengali versions of '...To Be A Millionaire' start Monday - Jun 03, 2011
- Shah Rukh, Mamata steal show in KKR's Eden party - May 29, 2012
- Wrong to call me 'badshah of cricket', says SRK - May 30, 2012
Tags: black suit, ciesla, comic timing, crorepati, entertainment networks, gaurav, india pvt ltd, jennifer winget, karishma tanna, kushal punjabi, narayani shastri, natasha suri, obstacle course, payal rohatgi, raja chaudhary, sameer nair, sareen, shah rukh khan, wipeout, witty style