I’m back with ‘Hera Pheri’ team: PriyadarshanJune 18th, 2008 - 8:45 am ICT by IANS
Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, June 18 (IANS) Director Priyadarshan is back with the “Hera Pheri” team to make a no-holds-barred comedy titled “Aise Ko Taisa”. Having gotten over his films with Akshaye Khanna, Priyadarshan now teams up with the other actor of the same name.
“That’s right. I’m getting together with Akshay Kumar and the whole ‘Hera Pheri’ team of Paresh Rawal and Suniel Shetty for a no-holds-barred comedy,” Priyadarshan told IANS.
After Priyanka Chopra and Katrina Kaif, Akshay will team up with Asin, who’s also Aamir Khan’s heroine in the much talked-about “Ghajini”, in the film.
So is “Aise Ko Taisa” going to be a full-fledged chuckle fest?
“Oh absolutely,” avers Priyan. “It’d be a complete laugh riot. The film will have 22 actors, including Johnny Lever with whom, believe it or not, I’ve never worked in any of my comedies.
“And though it brings together the principal actors from ‘Hera Pheri’, ‘Aise Ko Taisa’ will have nothing to do with ‘Hera Pheri’ in terms of plot.”
“Aise Ko Taisa” is ready to be shot in one stretch from Nov 20 for producers Venus.
Currently the director is busy with the Shah Rukh Khan starrer “Billoo Barbar”, which is almost complete. “We’ve about 20 days’ shooting. Then ‘Billoo Barbar’ is done. We’re aiming at a Diwali release.”
Priyan isn’t the least perturbed by the mixed response to his recent comic caper “Mere Baap Pehle Aap” that has Akshaye, Paresh and Om Puri.
“Some people are saying that the film is too long. Others are saying the comedy is diluted by the drama that comes in the second half. I’m used to these reactions.
“Critics and the so-called intelligentsia aren’t happy with my recent films. That’s okay. It’s more important for a film to run than for critics to applaud it. I don’t make films for my own satisfaction. If I did, I wouldn’t be considered the highest-paid director in the country.”
Priyan is now going back to his roots.
“My Tamil film ‘Kanjeevaram’ is my most satisfying film to date. I’ve made it straight from the heart.”
Priyan has shown it to colleagues in Mumbai. And they’ve all reacted with disbelief. “In fact, when I showed it to Govind Nihalani, he said, “‘Priyan, is this really you?’ I don’t know whether I should take that as a compliment!”
- Bazmee will direct 'Welcome Back', not 'Hera Pheri 4' - Jun 12, 2012
- "I Can't Afford Akshay": Producer Feroz Nadiadwala's 4 Years' Wait For Akshay Kumar In Hera Pheri - Aug 28, 2010
- Making people laugh is a blessing: Anees Bazmee - Dec 06, 2009
- After 86 films, who cares about critics: Priyadarshan (Interview) - Aug 28, 2012
- I can't afford Akshay Kumar, says Feroz Nadiadwala - Aug 26, 2010
- Akshay Kumar - Anees Bazmi in a fix - Dec 05, 2009
- Prachi Desai comfortable doing intimate scenes (Movie Snippets) - Jun 24, 2010
- Priyadarshan and Akshay Kumar Enter A Marital Alliance - Aug 28, 2010
- Priyadarshan & Akshay Kumar enter a marital alliance - Aug 28, 2010
- Thank you, Katrinaji Says Akshay Tongue Firmly In Cheek - Nov 25, 2009
- Akshay starrer 'Oh My God' first look unveiled (With Images) - Jun 29, 2012
- I don't believe in promotions but will have to do it: Paresh Rawal - Aug 23, 2012
- Hera Pheri 4: Can Abhishek Bachchan Match Up To The Akshay Kumar Act? - Nov 29, 2010
- Akshay starrer 'Khatta Meetha' takes a dig at corruption (IANS Preview) - Jul 19, 2010
- Relive 'Hera Pheri' magic with 'De Dana Dan' (IANS Preview) - Nov 24, 2009
Tags: aamir khan, akshay kumar, akshaye khanna, barbar, comic caper, diwali release, ghajini, intelligentsia, johnny lever, katrina kaif, laugh riot, om puri, paresh rawal, principal actors, priyanka chopra, recent films, shah rukh khan, subhash k jha, suniel shetty, tamil film