I’ll not quit dancing: Esha DeolAugust 11th, 2012 - 4:32 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 11 (IANS) Esha Deol is hardly seen on the big screen, but the recently-married actress, a trained Odissi dancer, says she will never quit dance.
“It’s (dance) a convention passed on to me and Ahana (sister) by maa (Hema Malini) and I will continue doing it. Dance is something that I am never going to quit,” the 31-year-old said here.
Esha, who tied the knot with her businessman beau Bharat Takhtani June 29, was present at a Dahi-Handi celebration for Krishna Janmashtami here Friday.
She performed Manglacharan, a popular style of Odissi, at the event.
So far, the actress had only performed the dance style with her mother Hema Malini and sister Ahana, but she delivered a solo performance this time.
Esha, a lord Krishna devotee, was more ecstatic as she got a chance to perform on the god’s birthday.
“Since childhood, I have been a true devotee of lord Krishna. We (Bharat and I) even got married in Krishna’s mandir (temple), so maybe it was his (lord Krishna’s) call that I come and perform over here,” she said.
On the big screen, Esha was last seen in “Tell Me O Kkhuda”, directed by her mother. It was flagged as Esha’s comeback film, but it failed to click at the box office.
- I miss classical dance in today's films: Hema Malini (Interview) - Oct 21, 2011
- A South Indian wedding with Kanjivarams for Esha: Hema - Jun 14, 2012
- Yet to decide Esha's wedding date: Hema Malini - Mar 27, 2012
- Esha Deol to get engaged to businessman beau - Feb 10, 2012
- My son-in-law is very good looking: Hema Malini - Feb 12, 2012
- Esha's sangeet a private affair: Hema Malini - Jun 25, 2012
- 'Tell Me O Kkhuda' not a flop, says Hema - Nov 01, 2011
- Dharamji's honour was long due: Hema Malini - Jan 25, 2012
- Don't want to make any more films: Hema Malini - Aug 24, 2012
- Ahana is now open to acting: Hema Malini - Jun 23, 2011
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot - Jun 29, 2012
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Padma Bhushan great, but late for dad: Ahana Deol - Jan 25, 2012
- Hema Malini, daughters to perform at Khajuraho festival - Jan 31, 2011
- Big heroines don't need item numbers: Hema Malini - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: actress, bharat, box office, businessman, celebration, comeback film, dance style, esha deol, god, hema malini, june 29, knot, krishna devotee, krishna janmashtami, lord krishna, mandir, odissi dancer, solo performance, true devotee