I’ll miss kids watching my film: Chunky Pandey (With Image)July 17th, 2012 - 1:44 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 17 (IANS) After playing Aakhri Pasta in Sajid Khan’s “Housefull”, Chunky Pandey will be seen as Baba 3G in sex comedy “Kyaa Super Kook Hain Hum”. He says he would regret losing young audiences with the film.
Describing his character as a “fraud who talks to god on the mobile phone”, he added humoursly: “I think I will have to leave the country after the film releases because of my character. But it’s interesting.”
Releasing July 27, “Kyaa Super Kook Hain Hum” has Tusshar Kapoor and Riteish Deshmukh in the lead roles and has been directed by Sachin Yardi.
Talking about the audiences, he said: “The last film I did was a mass entertainer. Kids loved that film and they asked me when I was coming back? And now I can’t tell them that I am coming back as Baba 3G in a sex comedy. I will miss the kids watching this film but I am sure that many of them will run away from homes to watch the film.”
Comedy is one of the easiest genres, says Chunky and pointed out that “it is all in the writing. If the writing is good and you have a good director, it is good”.
The 47-year-old, who started his career as a lead actor in 1987 with “Aag Hi Aag”, would be seen in TV show “Laugh India Laugh”, which is again a comedy and the actor says he would love to be a part of a non-comedy reality show, but not something like “Bigg Boss”.
“I went into ‘Bigg Boss’ house for two hours to promote my film, and I got scared. That’s the only other thing which has been offered to me. I am open to doing other shows as far as it’s not a dancing or a singing show,” he said.
- Chunky enjoys humour connect with young fans - Jul 26, 2012
- Riteish embarrassed of his act in 'Kya Super...' - Jul 02, 2012
- Now Tusshar's turn to flaunt six-pack - Mar 26, 2012
- 'Kyaa Super Kool...' not for high-brows, says Ekta - Jul 10, 2012
- TV no longer the idiot box: Madhur Bhandarkar ( Movie Snippets) - May 06, 2012
- Adult comedy or musical drama - what's your pick this Friday? (IANS Preview) - Jul 24, 2012
- 'Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum': Uncool show of tasteless humour, bad acting (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Jul 28, 2012
- 'Aalaap' director not scared of 'Kyaa Super Kool...' - Jul 24, 2012
- Enough of sequels, comedies for Riteish! - Jun 27, 2012
- Children should stay away from 'Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum' - Jun 27, 2012
- Spoof not aimed at Bhansali's 'Devdas': Tusshar Kapoor - Jul 23, 2012
- Riteish and I are two items in 'Kya Super...': Tusshar - Apr 09, 2012
- May do another sequel, says 'Kyaa Super Kool...' director - Aug 01, 2012
- Sex comedy in B-town: Audiences ready, censors alert - Jul 23, 2012
- Riteish gets serious! - Jun 05, 2012
Tags: 3g, boss, chunky pandey, film comedy, fraud, genres, good director, july 17, last film, laugh, mobile phone, pasta, reality show, riteish deshmukh, sajid khan, sex comedy, tusshar kapoor, tv show, yardi, young audiences