I’ll learn more about Twenty20 from Shane Warne: Shilpa ShettyApril 15th, 2009 - 9:34 am ICT by IANS
By Fakir Hassen
Cape Town April 15 (IANS) Confessing that the Twenty20 format of cricket was new to her, Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty is not just hoping that her Rajasthan Royals will take home the IPL trophy again this year she also wants to learn more about the short form of the game from the side’s coach and captain, Australian Shane Warne.
“It’s a totally new ball game,” Shetty, co-owner of the Rajasthan Royals, told the daily The Times here.
“I don’t know the nitty gritty and statistics. So I just look to (her co-owner of the team) Manoj Badale to answer those questions.
“And I have huge respect for Shane (Warne, Australian spinner)”, Shetty added, expressing the hope of learning more from him.
Shetty was the first Bollywood star to appear in public to support their respective teams when she made a brief stopover in Johannesburg a fortnight ago.
On Sunday she was back, helping bolster team spirits ahead of the opening game against Bangalore Royal Challengers at Sahara Newlands Stadium here in the first double header on Saturday. The teams will square up after the inaugural game between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings earlier in the day.
Shetty is one of several Bollywood stars that locals are excited about seeing at cricket venues across the country as the five-week tournament takes off. Shah Rukh Khan was due here Tuesday afternoon to boost the morale of his Kolkata Knight Riders that he owns with actress Juhi Chawla and her husband Jai Mehta, and Akshay Kumar is also in the city as the franchise face of Delhi Daredevils.
Others expected within the next few days are Katrina Kaif and Deepika Padukone, the franchise faces of Royal Challengers Bangalore; Mumbai Indians brand ambassador Hrithik Roshan; Kings XI Punjab co-owner Preity Zinta; and Tamil star Vijay, the franchise face of Chennai Super Kings.
- Legal constraints prevent high bidding from Rajasthan Royals in IPL: Shetty - Jan 08, 2011
- In huge IPL shake-up, Rajasthan and Kings are axed (Roundup) - Oct 10, 2010
- We will now be looking for Indian players: Rajasthan Royals - Jan 08, 2011
- Happy to be in IPL: Shilpa - Jan 08, 2011
- RCA lodges complain against Warne - May 12, 2011
- Shah Rukh Khan to buy stake in I-League champions Dempo - Jun 01, 2012
- Super Kings to start IPL title defence against Mumbai Indians - Jan 06, 2012
- Must win game for Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals - May 09, 2012
- Glitz, glamour and moolah will mark IPL auction - Jan 07, 2011
- Raj Kundra says Shilpa his sounding board - Jan 17, 2012
- Axing IPL team not a solution, says Shilpa Shetty - Oct 22, 2010
- SRK eyes stake in I-League champions Dempo (Evening Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- RCA to file criminal complaint against Warne - May 15, 2011
- Rajasthan Royals, Kings XI terminated from IPL (Lead) - Oct 10, 2010
- Rajasthan look to consolidate their momentum - May 07, 2012
Tags: akshay kumar, bollywood star, bollywood stars, co owner, daredevils, deepika padukone, double header, fakir, hassen, hrithik roshan, inaugural game, jai mehta, juhi chawla, katrina kaif, knight riders, newlands, preity zinta, shah rukh khan, shane warne, shilpa shetty