I’ll definitely marry, but not thinking about it now: VidyaJanuary 6th, 2012 - 3:46 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 6 (IANS) Actress Vidya Balan says that she believes in the institution of marriage and cannot avoid it for long, but she is not thinking about it right now.
“My career is going good. I am very happy. Emotionally and mentally I am in a very happy space, by god’s grace. I am not thinking about marriage as of now, but I’m sure a right time will come for it also. I believe in the institution of marriage. I will not ignore it for a longer duration, but yeah, for now, I am keeping it aside. I will definitely get married,” said Vidya.
The actress is said to be dating CEO of UTV movies Siddharth Roy Kapoor.
After the super success of her “Dirty Picture”, Vidya is promoting her forthcoming film “Kahaani”, directed by Sujoy Ghosh. She will also be seen in Nikhil Advani’s “Chand Bhai” opposite Akshaye Khanna.
Vidya admits it’s the greed for good roles that keeps her on her toes.
“I am a very greedy actor. I want to play different people, I want to do different kinds of films. Even if it means that the hero is the protagonist, as long as I have enough to do in the film I am more than happy doing it,” the 33-year-old actress said during the launch of the first look of her new film “Kahaani”.
“I am very happy with the kind of films being made today and that I am getting a chance to work in them. They are appealing to the audience as well, which is most important. Women-oriented films are being made since years, but it is only today that they are tasting success,” Vidya added while sporting a fake baby bump during the launch.
She is not restricting herself to women-oriented films, says the actress who has done films like “Parineeta”, “Ishqiya” and “Paa”.
“I have not made any boundaries or limitations for myself. I have not dictated myself that if the script is women oriented only then I will work in it or anything. If the film is good, if the role is good I will definitely do it,” she said.
- Co-incidentally I've become face of change: Vidya - Feb 23, 2012
- Vidya Balan is now 'Bombaat Balan' - Nov 25, 2011
- Playing pregnant woman was cakewalk for Vidya - Jan 11, 2012
- No one could get dirtier than 'The Dirty Picture': Vidya Balan - Dec 08, 2011
- Amitabh croons 'Ekla...' for 'Kahaani', promotes it on Twitter, blog - Jan 12, 2012
- Vidya wants to work with Hrithik, SRK - May 16, 2012
- I won't give up acting for anything, anyone: Vidya Balan (Interview) - Dec 15, 2010
- Vidya Balan plans 'dirty dancing' post-break - Feb 27, 2012
- Delighted to see filmmakers reviving Bengali culture: Rituparna - Mar 31, 2012
- Vidya's 'Kahaani' enters third week, still going strong - Mar 24, 2012
- Bollywood woman power: Vidya, Ekta carry the baton - Dec 09, 2011
- Great time for actresses in Indian cinema: Priyanka Chopra - Jun 09, 2012
- Vidya's 'Kahaani' declared a hit - Mar 11, 2012
- Vidya has an uncanny sense about script: Sujoy Ghosh - Dec 02, 2010
- The uniqueness of being Vidya Balan - Mar 24, 2011
Tags: actress, akshaye khanna, bhai, boundaries, bump, different kinds, fake baby, forthcoming film, ghosh, greed, important women, institution of marriage, launch, new film, nikhil advani, protagonist, right time, s chand, toes, vidya balan