I’ll cook roti, vegetables for my children: Pamela Anderson (Interview)November 21st, 2010 - 10:41 am ICT by IANS
By Dibyojyoti Baksi
Lonavala, Nov 21 (IANS) She wore a sari, bindi, jhumkas and bangles, danced to Bollywood numbers and even grasped a few Hindi words. But, of all the things that former “Baywatch” star Pamela Anderson did in India, she is most excited about having learnt to cook rotis and vegetables, Indian style!
Anderson, who was here on a three-day visit to be part of Colors’ reality show “Bigg Boss 4″, also learnt how to knead the dough thanks to Pakistani actress Veena Malik. But she quips that she still has to master the art of making round rotis.
“I cooked rotis, but they were of really weird shapes. I think I’ll have to use scissors to shape them into proper circles. All of them were so perfect in making perfect circles. They were doing it with so much ease,” Anderson told IANS.
The 43-year-old star flew back to Los Angeles Friday night. She said she would want to treat her two children - Brandon, 14, and Dylan 13 - to an Indian meal as soon as possible.
“I am going to make rotis and vegetables when I get back to home. I have learnt to make mixed vegetables in Indian style with onions, garlic and ginger, crushed pepper and some masala and turmeric…I have got the list of spices and I am sure I am going to find them.
“I’m a vegetarian, you know…and there are so many ways to roast and steam vegetables. I bake them, I roast them and steam them but this is a totally different way. There are so many flavours into it. Not that my kids can have spicy food, but they will like a dish with new spices,” added Anderson.
For her entry on the show, the usually skimpily dressed Anderson chose to wear a white Ashley Rebello sari, and looked resplendent after teaming it with a sexy blouse. She even packed up some Indian garments to take home.
“I am taking some saris with me. The channel guys were very kind and they gave me two saris. I also wore an Ashley Rebello lehenga-choli for one of the days and I am also taking that with me. I wear these kinds of similar things, but not in such beautiful fabrics. I am also taking three sarongs and a churidar-kurta set. I feel Indian drapes are very beautiful, very feminine,” she said.
While she was in the “Bigg Boss 4″ house, Anderson got a taste of Bollywood and learnt to dance on Madhuri Dixit’s popular number “Dhak dhak karne lagaa”. Once she was out of the show, she even gyrated to “Bigg Boss 4″ host Salman Khan’s chartbuster “Munni badnaam hui”.
She told IANS she won’t mind being a part of the Indian film industry.
“I think it would be fun to work in Bollywood. My decisions are always around my children. How long to be away or what’s going on in their life, their school or their sports - they are first and if anything falls okay into their schedule, it happens for me. I think if you prioritise your life, good things happen,” said Anderson.
Now Anderson is eager to come back on an extensive Indian tour with her children.
“It was nice to come here. I am happy that I could come here for a bit. Of course, I wanted to stay long, but because of my children, I have to get home. Once I bring them here, I want to wander, travel around, trek, go to Goa, see Taj Mahal.
“Since I have tasted India, it has aroused my interest more in the country. I will go back home and think about it. And I am going to come back for sure,” said Anderson.
(Dibyojyoti Baksi can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Will Pamela Anderson Star In An Indian Movie? - Nov 23, 2010
- Pamela sunbathes with Ashmit on 'Bigg Boss 4' - Nov 19, 2010
- My name will always be linked to porn: Sunny Leone (With Images) - Jan 01, 2012
- Bigg Boss 4: Pamela Anderson Prepares Rotis, TRPs Soar! - Nov 20, 2010
- I asked mom before accepting 'Bigg Boss 4': Salman Khan (Interview) - Oct 08, 2010
- I learnt how to make rotis, Indian curries: Andrew Symonds - Dec 18, 2011
- I wanted to do mischievous things on 'Bigg Boss': Veena Malik - Dec 26, 2010
- I don't regret failure of any film: Madhuri Dixit (Interview) - Nov 27, 2010
- I was very scared of Rishi Kapoor initially: Anushka Sharma - Jan 30, 2011
- No more reality shows for me, says Pooja Misrra - Feb 16, 2012
- My marriage plans jinxed: Veena Malik (With Images) - Jun 26, 2012
- 'Big Boss' gave me recognition as designer: Rohit Verma (With Images) - May 26, 2012
- Amole Gupte makes film out of children's workshop - Apr 12, 2011
- I can bring more professionalism to Bollywood: Sofia Hayat - Mar 08, 2011
- Salman didn't recommend me for 'Bigg Boss', says Mahek Chahal - Dec 13, 2011
Tags: ashley rebello, baksi, baywatch star, former baywatch, indian garments, indian style, lehenga choli, list of spices, masala, old star, pakistani actress, pamela anderson, perfect circles, rotis, saris, sexy blouse, spicy food, star pamela anderson, veena malik, weird shapes