I’ll complete Mani Kaul’s movies: Anurag KashyapJuly 17th, 2011 - 3:32 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 17 (IANS) Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, who was co-producing late director Mani Kaul’s unfinished projects, is determined to complete them.
Kaul, who was believer of “new and bold cinema”, passed away July 6 in Delhi following prolonged illness. He was 66.
“One is ‘She Under Her Spell’, the other is ‘Deewar Mein Khirki Rehti To’. He also wanted to work on another book ‘Rossilline’. I was producing the films with NFDC (National Film Development Corporation of India) and other three four producers abroad, Kashyap, who is known for co-producing internationally accalimed “Udaan”, told IANS.
“I want to do those films, but I have to sit with everyone to decide how to go about it. But ‘Rossilline’ would be surly made.”
Remembering his days with Kaul, Kashyap said: “I can’t believe that he is no more. He was just an incredible teacher and a great friend and someone who never looked down upon anyone.”
Kashyap, known for directing movies like “Black Friday” and “Dev D”, confirmed the theatrical release date of his much talked about film “That Girl in Yellow Boots”, in which his wife actress Kalki Koechlin plays the protagonist.
“‘That Girl In Yellow Boots’ is releasing on 2nd September,” he said.
The thriller traces Ruth’s (Kalki) search for her father, a man she hardly knew but cannot forget.
Kashyap’s other two films, “Gangs of Wasseypur” and “Michael”, are in the post-production stage and he said that they would release this year.
- That Girl In Yellow Boots To Be Screened At Venice Film Festival - Aug 03, 2010
- Kalki-Kashyap wedding set for April 30 (Lead) - Apr 25, 2011
- 'That Girl...' goes to Toronto, Venice film festivals - Jul 30, 2010
- Kashyap loves flop films - Feb 03, 2012
- Don't look like village girl, so not in '...Wasseypur': Kalki - Jun 04, 2012
- I love Beti B in Aishwarya's arms the most: Abhishek (Movie Snippets) - Nov 25, 2011
- I made 'That Girl...' only for Kalki: Anurag Kashyap - Jul 03, 2010
- '...Yellow Boots' my first film releasing worldwide: Anurag Kashyap - Aug 09, 2011
- Emraan very versatile, professional: Huma Qureshi - May 26, 2012
- 'That girl…' my last intense film with Kalki: Anurag (Movie Snippets) - Aug 09, 2011
- Rajat Barmecha shows dark side in 'Shaitan' - Apr 28, 2011
- I'm getting married this year: Kalki Koechlin - Apr 25, 2011
- In Cannes with three films, Kashyap thrilled but nervous - May 18, 2012
- Kashyap's '...Yellow Boots' to release in Britain - Aug 27, 2011
- 'That Girl In Yellow Boots' good news for Indian cinema (IANS Movie Review) - Sep 02, 2011
Tags: actress, anurag kashyap, believer, black friday, deewar, directing movies, film development corporation, filmmaker, gangs, july 17, kaul, koechlin, mumbai, national film, production stage, protagonist, theatrical release, two films, unfinished projects, yellow boots