Ileana house hunting in MumbaiSeptember 10th, 2012 - 2:08 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 10 (IANS) After a successful innings in the southern film industry, Ileana D’Cruz wants to make it big in Bollywood. With plans to settle here, she is looking for a perfect pad for herself in the city of dreams.
Her first Bollywood release is “Barfi!”, which is coming out Sep 14. In the Anurag Basu directed movie Ileana will be seen sharing screen space with Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra.
“My parents are presently living in Goa. I am looking for a place in Mumbai so that they can shift here with me. I want to settle down in Mumbai. So right now I am hunting for a house in the city,” the 24-year-old told IANS.
In 2006, she bowed in movies with Telugu film “Devadasu” and has since worked in many southern movies including “Pokiri”, “Jalsa” and “Kick”.
“My father recently called me and said he is extremely proud of my work and for me that’s a huge achievement. He has never been biased. He will never compliment unless he means it. It is very flattering,” she said.
Being in showbiz means looking fit and attractive and she admits that she is conscious about it.
“I am very conscious about my body. When you are in the limelight, people criticise your looks. It takes a lot of time for me to get comfortable. When people say that you have a good physique, there is a constant state of disbelief. But I am not shy. Looking pretty and doing make up is part of my job,” she said.
- I completely deserve what I'm paid: Ileana D'Cruz - Sep 07, 2012
- I missed an opportunity to work with Salman: Ileana - Sep 05, 2012
- Ileana turns taxi driver in new film (With Image) - Jun 30, 2012
- I'm not star struck by Ranbir: Sumona Chakravarti (With Images) - Jul 07, 2012
- 'Barfi' not a silent film, says Anurag Basu - Jul 04, 2012
- Ask me about work, not affairs: Ranbir - Sep 08, 2012
- Anurag Basu plans English 'Barfi!' - Sep 19, 2012
- Singers add a lot to an actor's career: Ranbir - Aug 06, 2012
- 'Barfi!' gets U-certificate, Anurag Basu excited - Sep 02, 2012
- Richa Chaddha to shoot for 'Ram Leela'? (Movie Snippets) - Sep 04, 2012
- Ranbir mum on film with Zoya Akhtar - Sep 01, 2012
- Get me toughest roles: Priyanka - Sep 05, 2012
- Ranbir assures 'no disability' in 'Barfi' - Jul 03, 2012
- Dad's passion inspires Ranbir to do better work - Jan 30, 2012
- 'Barfi' was like dumb charades for me, says Ranbir Kapoor - Sep 01, 2012
Tags: anurag, barfi, bollywood, city of dreams, compliment, devadasu, disbelief, hunting, job, limelight, living in goa, parents, physique, priyanka chopra, screen space, showbiz, southern film industry