Ike Turner died of cocaine toxicityJanuary 17th, 2008 - 1:45 pm ICT by admin
London, Jan 17 (ANI): Music legend Ike Turners death was caused by a cocaine overdose, confirms the San Diego medical examiners office.
The rock ‘n’ roll pioneer, 76, was found dead on December 12 at his home in San Marcos, California.
The coroners report lists the cause of Turners death as cocaine toxicity.
“We are listing that he abused cocaine and that’s what resulted in the cocaine toxicity,” BBC quoted an official at the San Diego County medical examiner’s office, as saying.
The medical examiner said an autopsy showed that a long history of cardiovascular disease and pulmonary emphysema contributed to Turner’s death.
Turner’s daughter, Mia, said she was surprised by the coroner’s assessment.
According to her, the coroner was exaggerating the situation.
“Daddy at that point was not doing drugs to the level it leads to believe,” she told the North County Times in a telephone interview. (ANI)
- Corey Haim's death certificate issued, cause of death - 'deferred' - Mar 20, 2010
- Cause of Sage Stallone's death still unknown - Jul 16, 2012
- Whitney Houston died of accidental drowning - Mar 23, 2012
- Season 5 ‘Bachelorette’ Contestant Julien Hug Found Dead - Nov 06, 2010
- Alexander Jentzsch's death is a mystery - Jul 10, 2012
- Coroner: Brittany Murphy's cause of death might be 'deferred' - Dec 22, 2009
- Corey Haim Had Pulmonary Congestion: Coroner's Report Reveals - Mar 12, 2010
- Statements from Jackson's family, Dr. Murray's attorney and the LA County Coroner's office - Aug 29, 2009
- Sylvester Stallone hires private investigator - Jul 19, 2012
- Sage Stallone died of heart attack - Aug 31, 2012
- Brittany Murphy's autopsy to be carried out, despite husband's wishes - Dec 21, 2009
- Simple blood test could provide early detection of emphysema - Mar 12, 2011
- Mild Earthquake Hits San Francisco - Jan 08, 2011
- Brittany Murphy's husband requests no autopsy - Dec 21, 2009
- Tony Scott laid to rest - Aug 26, 2012
Tags: cocaine overdose, coroner, coroners report, county medical, emphysema, history of cardiovascular disease, ike turner, london jan, medical examiners office, music legend, north county times, pulmonary emphysema, rock n roll, roll pioneer, san diego county medical examiner, san diego medical, san marcos california, telephone interview, toxicity, turners