IFFI director refutes reports on Iranian jury member quitting panelNovember 29th, 2011 - 7:54 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Nov 29 (IANS) International Film Festival Of India (IFFI) director Shankar Mohan Tuesday denied reports that Iranian female director Tahmineh Milani, a member of the international jury, had refused to take up jury duties in protest against the presence of an Israeli filmmaker on the panel.
Asked to comment on a news report Tuesday by the Iranian Students News Agency (ISNA), which said that Milani had refused to join the jury panel, Mohan said: “She has not returned. As far as I know.”
ISNA in its report published online Tuesday, said: “Iranian director Tahmineh Milani refused to join Goa International Film festival of India (IFFI) to show objection to presence of an Israeli jury member in the event”.
The report also claimed that the Iranian female director had “returned home for sympathy with Palestine nation”.
Milani, whose women-centric films has even resulted in her being imprisoned, was one of the jury members along with Israeli Dan Wolfman, a award winning filmmaker from Jerusalem and renowned Indian filmmaker Adoor Gopalakrishnan, who heads the panel.
Milani, however, was not available for comment.
- Kerala director to spend IFFI prize money on Oscar promotion - Dec 03, 2011
- Curtains come down on 42nd IFFI (Review) - Dec 04, 2011
- Filmgoers have stopped taking cinema seriously: Adoor Gopalakrishnan (Interview) - Nov 22, 2010
- ‘Berlin Film Festival’ To Release A Tribute To Jafar Panahi, The Imprisoned Iranian Film ... - Jan 19, 2011
- IFFI film selection process veiled in secrecy - Nov 18, 2010
- IFFI to be part of Incredible India campaign: Official - Nov 12, 2011
- Lifetime award in India a paradox: Filmmaker Bertrand Tavernier - Nov 24, 2011
- IFFI aims to be 'people friendly' - Sep 05, 2011
- Matching global trends, IFFI tries many firsts - Nov 11, 2011
- Jude Law, Uma Thurman on Cannes jury - Apr 21, 2011
- Portuguese film 'The Consul of Bordeaux' to open IFFI 2012 - Nov 12, 2011
- IIFI 2011: Malayalam films dominate Indian panorama - Oct 18, 2011
- IFFI 2010 begins from Nov. 22 at Panaji - Nov 19, 2010
- Kasaravalli's debut film 'Ghatashradhdha' makes T20 list - Dec 04, 2009
- Indian films at Locarno fest rise above song and dance - Aug 08, 2011
Tags: adoor gopalakrishnan, director shankar, female director, goa international, indian filmmaker, international film festival, international jury, iranian director, iranian students, isna, jury duties, jury member, jury members, jury panel, mohan, news agency, news report, objection, students news, tahmineh milani