‘If You Really Knew Me’ Replaces ‘The Hills’July 22nd, 2010 - 7:36 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
July 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) MTV’s latest offering ‘If You Really Knew Me’ replaces the time slot occupied earlier by the reality series ‘The Hills’. After following the affluent and dramatic lives of young and attractive girls from Los Angeles, MTV now focuses on the reality behind the cliques in school. The show aims to portray the real challenges faced by real students and hopes to dissolve the racial, social and psychological barriers that keep students from sharing their real self with the rest of the community.
‘If You Really Knew Me’ will show a new high school every episode and how it deals with Challenge Day. The idea of Challenge Day is to give each student some challenges, by the overcoming of which, they can show their self to the rest of the school. Some of the students will get a chance to explain the difficulties faced by them to interact with the other students. The show also tries to dissolve the barriers built within the school community by the cliques. The Challenge Day program also helps students to come out of the emotional boxes in which they keep themselves closed and fail to mingle with others. The first episode focused on the students of Freedom High School in California.
One of the girls who appeared on the show said she has heard that everyone cries on the show. Moments later her words came true as the show took a very emotional turn as the students talked about prejudices, love, sex, race and class differences. Challenge Day was founded by Rich Dutra and his wife Yvonne.
- 'If You Really Knew Me' On MTV Attracts Attention - Jul 21, 2010
- MTV Focuses On Challenge Day - Jul 21, 2010
- Love, sex and dhokha -- find it all on Indian television - Jul 14, 2011
- Anderson Cooper blasts Snooki on his show - Apr 15, 2011
- Youth want sex, violence - not mush - on TV - Aug 29, 2010
- Aamir's 'Satyamev Jayate' top five trends on Twitter - May 06, 2012
- Ronan, Yvonne heading towards reconciliation? - Jun 29, 2010
- Tibetan self immolations: Why isn't the world listening? (Comment) - Mar 29, 2012
- B'wood zooms its lens on teacher-student bonding - Sep 03, 2011
- MTV confirms two spinoffs of Jersey Shore - Apr 08, 2011
- MTV's Popular "Jersey Shore" Kicks Off With Season 3 - Jan 07, 2011
- Lauren Conrad's Forthcoming Reality Show Pulled By MTV - Feb 05, 2011
- Check Out The Three Master Chef India Finalists - Dec 20, 2010
- Undeserved self-praise can lead to dejection - Oct 20, 2011
- MTV Confirms DJ Pauly D’s Own Solo Project - Dec 24, 2010
Tags: attractive girls, boxes, california one, challenge day, challenges, class differences, cliques in school, dutra, freedom high school, kar, love, meena, mtv, one of the girls, prejudices, psychological barriers, reality series, sex race, time slot, wife yvonne