Ian Mclagan- All Set With Never Say NeverJune 17th, 2009 - 11:41 pm ICT by GD
If you want to find out the reason behind getting tears in your eyes each time you listen to “Never say never” by Ian Mclagan, then think how difficult it would have been for him to write the song. He had written the song with thoughts of his wife Kim on his mind, who was killed in a car accident in Austin int he year 2006, when she was 57 years old. For English Keyboard Instrumentalist, Ian Mclagan, moving from LA to Austin was a conscious decision he took due to the earthquake felt in LA.
As an in-demand player, he has led his own Bump Band since 1977, who played at the 2006 Austin City Limits Music Festival and opened for The Rolling stones in Austin. The song Warm Rain, is the first song he wrote in Austin, inspired by the warm rain which does not exist in England, where Ian grew up.
McLagan also has contributed towards hundreds of session tracks, and has released several solo albums.
Ian Mclagan was a part of English Rock Group, Small Faces founded in 1965 , Faces in 1962. For his seventh album Never Say Never, Ian, is working very hard to ait it. He also appeared as a special guest in David Letterman’s Show to promote his album.
Ian Mclagan has played with famous legends in the music world from Jackson Browne to Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Springsteen to Bob Dylan and yet wishes to work with Bob Dylan. His inspiration for lyrics is he himself, as he is always writing phrases and thoughts which appeals to him, which is why he always carries pen and paper.
- Bonnie Raitt to release new album - Jan 04, 2012
- Bruce Springsteen's new album to be launched March 6 - Jan 25, 2012
- Bob Dylan enthrals Beijing - Apr 07, 2011
- Bob Dylan receives US presidential honour - May 31, 2012
- As Dylan's birthday dawns, Indian rockstar-fan pays tribute - May 23, 2011
- Bob Dylan signs deal to write 6 more books - Jan 20, 2011
- An actor who gets song ideas from TV role - Jun 01, 2011
- Bob Dylan's handwritten lyrics fetch $422,500 at auction - Dec 12, 2010
- For Dylan with love on his birthday... from Shillong - May 24, 2010
- Joni Mitchell calls Bob Dylan 'plagiarist', 'fake' - Apr 24, 2010
- Bruce Springsteen Turns 60 - Sep 23, 2009
- Ronnie Wood's New Album Is Full Of Guests - Aug 30, 2010
- Stolen car found 42 years later eBay - Jul 13, 2012
- Ronnie Wood's first solo album in 9 years to hit stores in Sept - Aug 25, 2010
- A song and a story: Changing music of modern India (June 21 is World Music Day) - Jun 18, 2011
Tags: austin city limits, austin city limits music festival, bob dylan, bonnie raitt, bruce springsteen, bump band, city limits music festival, conscious decision, david letterman, english keyboard, english rock group, ian mclagan, jackson browne, keyboard instrumentalist, music world, pen and paper, solo albums, tears in your eyes, warm rain, wife kim