Ian McKellen may quit ‘The Hobbit’July 6th, 2010 - 2:57 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, July 6 (ANI): Sir Ian McKellen has revealed that he may quit the role of Gandalf in ‘The Hobbit’.
The actor said he wants to focus on other plays following his work on ‘Waiting For Godot’.
“Well I’m not under contract and my time is running out and I’m enjoying working in the theatre and frankly, I would like to race after doing ‘Waiting For Godot’, get on with doing another play but we’ll have to see. I don’t give the producers the impression that I’m sitting waiting,” Contactmusic quoted McKellen as saying.
He also claimed in a discussion with New Zealand’s ‘Good Morning’ show that an upcoming announcement would reveal the production situation with the movie. (ANI)
- Despite Delays, Sir Ian McKellen To Return as Gandalf in Hobbit Films - Sep 14, 2010
- Ian McKellen May Opt Out Of "The Hobbit" For Production Delays - Jul 08, 2010
- McKellen considered quitting 'The Hobbit' - Jan 14, 2011
- Sir Ian McKellen may bid adieu to his role in 'The Hobbit' - Jul 08, 2010
- Ian Mckellen - Not In 'The Hobbit'? - Jul 08, 2010
- Will Sir Ian Mckellen be seen in 'The Hobbit'? - Nov 29, 2010
- Ian McKellen to reprise his role as wizard Gandalf in new Hobbit films - Jan 11, 2011
- McKellen wants pantomime comeback - Aug 26, 2011
- Peter Jackson rubbishes Hobbit production troubles rumors - Apr 21, 2010
- Sir Ian McKellen to star in The Hobbit - Mar 17, 2010
- 'The Hobbit' is on track: Sir Ian Mckellen - Jun 15, 2010
- Sir Ian McKellen gives up alcohol at 70 - Jan 13, 2010
- Sir Ian McKellen says actors call each other 'darling' when they forget names - Apr 12, 2010
- Sir Ian McKellen is all set to act in 'The Hobbit' - Jan 11, 2011
- The International Federation of Actors Calls For An International Boycott Of "The Hobbit" - Sep 27, 2010