IAC distances itself from anti-media posterJuly 30th, 2012 - 11:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 30 (IANS) Activists of India Against Corruption, which is supporting Team Anna’s ongoing hunger agitation in New Delhi, Monday distanced itself from an anti-media poster, terming it the work of mischief-makers.
And IAC spokesperson here emphatically said that a poster showing the media in a bad light was “the handiwork of some mischievous elements” and that the organisation had nothing to do with it.
“It had been put up yesterday (Sunday) at the Azad Maidan venue in south Mumbai when we were all busy with the rally in Andheri. As soon as we learnt of it, we directed our volunteers to remove it,” the spokesperson told IANS.
The IAC has claimed that the poster - showing the media as dogs controlled by Congress president Sonia Gandhi - was aimed at creating a rift between the media and social activists which have been united in the fight against corruption.
“However, we have nothing to do with it and all our agitations are carried out with the support of the media and other enlightened sections of society,” the spokesperson added.
Several television channels aired the objectionable poster Monday, even as the embarrassed IAC members took pains to dissociate themselves from it.
- Anna's cartoonist supporter sent to police custody - Sep 09, 2012
- Team Anna moves court against steep ground charges - Dec 22, 2011
- Protests gather momentum, over 1,000 detained in Mumbai (Second Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- 100 arrested in Mumbai for protesting Anna's detention (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- Team Anna to move court against ground charges - Dec 21, 2011
- Mumbai dabbawalas, Vidarbha farmers back Ramdev - Jun 03, 2011
- Cartoonist sent to judicial custody, government faces flak on issue (Roundup) - Sep 10, 2012
- After court tick-off, Team Anna gets Mumbai ground for agitation (Roundup) - Dec 23, 2011
- Team Anna earns sharp rebuke from Bombay High Court - Dec 23, 2011
- Cartoonist Trivedi's questioning cut short, sent to judicial custody (Second Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Agitation should have targeted PM, says Bedi as rift rumours deepen (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Music composer Vishal extends support to Hazare's agitation - Dec 20, 2011
- Delhi not an option for agitation: Kiran Bedi - Dec 23, 2011
- Team Anna writes to PM ahead of Mumbai fast (Intro Roundup) - Dec 25, 2011
- Police cut short quizzing cartoonist Aseem Trivedi (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
Tags: agitation, andheri, congress president sonia gandhi, distances, dogs, elements, fight against corruption, handiwork, hunger, India, mischief makers, New Delhi, rally, social activists, south mumbai, spokesperson, supporting team, television channels, venue, volunteers