I would never use marriage trouble to sell cookbook, says Eva LongoriaApril 6th, 2011 - 5:51 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 06 (ANI): Eva Longoria has slammed allegations that she is using her marriage failure to boost publicity for her new cookbook, ‘Eva’s Kitchen’.
The actress-turned-culinary star insisted that she’s only fielding questions about her private life out of politeness.
The ‘Desperate Housewives’ beauty’s split from basketball star Tony Parker last year (10) and their divorce was finalised in January (11).
She’s currently promoting ‘Eva’s Kitchen’, a collection of her favourite recipes, and she’s taken issue with critics who’ve accused her of capitalising on her recent personal problems.
“I’m on this cookbook press tour so I’ve been doing a lot of press. I’m not on the ‘let’s talk about life after Tony’ tour, and so everytime someone asks me how I’m doing, I say, ‘I’m fine, I’m fine’, and the headline’s ‘Eva announces she’s fine!’,” the Daily Star quoted her as telling on U.S. talk show The View.
“I’m like, I didn’t announce it, somebody asked, I’m actually talking about my cookbook! I would never in my life use my pain to sell something and I think it’s very personal,” she added.
But Longoria is adamant she will not ban reporters from asking about her past, adding, “I don’t mind at all.”(ANI)
- Eva Longoria talks about her 'divorce diet' - Apr 07, 2011
- Eva Longoria 'pops out of her plunging jacket' during cookbook promo - Apr 08, 2011
- Eva Longoria learns sign language - Jun 09, 2011
- Eva Longoria to meet Obama - Mar 17, 2012
- Longoria in pursuit of happiness - Feb 24, 2012
- Eva enjoying life after divorce - Mar 20, 2011
- I'm very strong person: Eva Longoria - Sep 07, 2011
- Every time I talk about my divorce, I want to cry: Eva Longoria - Mar 16, 2011
- Longoria says dealing with divorce has been hard - Mar 15, 2011
- Tearful Longoria reveals her 'heartbreak' over divorce from Tony Parker - Apr 09, 2011
- Eva Longoria says that talk about divorce makes her sad - Mar 16, 2011
- Longoria admires Jolie's charitable acts - Aug 15, 2012
- Tony Parker admits divorce from Eva Longoria was 'hard' - Feb 13, 2011
- Divorce won't stop me adopting, says Eva Longoria - Nov 29, 2010
- Longoria treasures her good times with Parker - Apr 08, 2012
Tags: actress, allegations, basketball star, cookbook, culinary star, daily star, desperate housewives, divorce, eva longoria, favourite recipes, fielding questions, london, marriage, marriage failure, marriage trouble, personal problems, politeness, private life, publicity, tony parker