I would love to do comedy: Rucha GujarathiMay 20th, 2010 - 3:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) After playing a negative role in “Kkusum” and typical Indian bahu in “Bhabhi”, television actress Rucha Gujarathi now wants to do comedy.
“I would love to do comedy. It is difficult to make people laugh. Your comic timing and punch lines have to be absolutely right and this is what helps you prove your potential as an actor,” Rucha, who returns to the small screen after two years with STAR One’s new show “Rang Badalti Odhani”, told IANS.
However, unlike the trend on TV where parallel leads often turn negative, Rucha’s character Natasha is completely positive in “Rang Badalti Odhani”. Yashashri Masurkar is playing the protagonist Khanak in the show.
When asked where she was all this while, Rucha said: “I was busy enjoying time with family. I worked continuously for eight years and was desperately looking for a break. I went to Hong Kong and Goa and had lots of fun. I am also doing a fashion designing course simultaneously.”
Rucha started her career as a child artist and featured in movies like “Dancer”, “Hum Hain Kamal Ke”, “Kanyadan”, and “Shikari”. She was also seen in music albums of Gurdas Maan, Pankaj Udhas and Vaishali Samant.
She rose to fame with her role as Kali Kapoor in Ekta Kapoor’s popular TV soap “Kkusum”. She later went on to play the lead in “Bhabhi”.
The actress was also seen in “Rihahee”, “Waaris”, “Waqt Batayga Kaun Apna Kaun Paraya”, “Shhh…Phir Koi Hain” and dance reality show “Saas v/s Bahu”.
She has also done a cameo in Sab TV’s comedy “Yeh Chanda Kanoon Hai” that stars Juhi Parmar, Asif Sheikh and Tiku Talsania in lead roles.
Rucha said making a place for herself in showbiz was not an easy task for her.
“I don’t come from a family of actors and had to struggle to earn my place. My parents always supported me. I feel my hard work has paid off and I am enjoying the way my career has shaped up. It’s been a wonderful journey so far,” she said.
The actress also made her big screen debut last year with “Lottery” alongside singer Abhijeet Sawant. Although the film didn’t do well, but it hasn’t deterred her from trying her luck in Bollywood again.
“I would love to do Rani Mukerji’s role in ‘Black’ or something like what Kareena Kapoor did in ‘Jab We Met’,” she said.
- Rucha Gujarathi to enter 'Beend Banunga Ghodi...' - Sep 02, 2011
- Yashashri Masurkar Is A Regular Passenger Of Local Tarin! - Aug 12, 2010
- Yashashri Pays A Price For Overcoming Her Fears - Sep 18, 2010
- Rucha returns to small screen with 'Rang Badalti Odhani' - May 13, 2010
- Odhani's Yashashri seeing co-actor Harpreet? - Apr 17, 2010
- Rucha Gujarati to enter 'Saas Bina Sasural' - Dec 27, 2011
- TV's old favourites are back - May 20, 2011
- Pawan Shankar's litti-chokha treat on sets (TV Snippets) (With Images) - Jun 22, 2012
- Rang Badalti Odhani: Sooraj’s Look Alike To Enter As A Shocking Element! - Jan 04, 2011
- Shantanu is a junior artist - Sep 18, 2010
- Khichdi Team To Spread Smile On 'Rang Badalti Odhani'! - Sep 28, 2010
- I'm living my childhood with my kids: Hiten Tejwani - Feb 15, 2011
- Aishwarya Sakhuja comfortable kissing onscreen - Mar 27, 2012
- Karan Becomes Ranbir Kapoor With A Song Sequence! - Aug 13, 2010
- Aamir Ali is a good boyfriend: Sanjeeda Sheikh (With Images) - Jun 22, 2011
Tags: child artist, comic timing, ekta kapoor, fashion designing course, gujarathi, kamal, kkusum, music albums, paraya, popular tv, punch lines, sab tv, shikari, television actress, tiku talsania, time with family, tv soap, vaishali, waaris, wonderful journey