“I Would Do Even Seven Films With Yash Raj Films” - Anushka SharmaJune 9th, 2010 - 5:04 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
June 9, 2010 (Sampurn Wire) : ‘Badmaash Company’ has proven to be a good success at the box office and in the process of that happening; Anushka Sharma has now maintained her hit record. After ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’ where she scored a six with Shah Rukh Khan, she has hit a boundary with Shahid Kapoor now too. In the meanwhile, work has already begun with her next film with Yash Raj Films.
By working on her third film with the production house which is known for its three film contracts with both the actors and the directors, is she heaving a sigh of relief? After all now she would be free from her contract and can afford to pick and choose newer projects at her will?
“There was never any exclusivity contract to begin with so I don’t know why everyone continues to ask me the same old question of ‘being free from a contract’”, says Anushka in an exasperated tone, “Puhleeze, doesn’t the very fact that I started working in ‘Patiala House’ even before the release of ‘Badmaash Company’, clearly indicate that I wasn’t kept on hold by anyone?”
But then Yash Raj Films hasn’t quite repeated many of their heroines in the recent past whereas Anushka would be seen in as many as three films of theirs in a matter of two years. Doesn’t that reflect on the fact that she has been doing films only with them?
“That shows their confidence in me and my comfort level with them”, says Anushka, “Tomorrow, if they offer me more good films, I would do even seven films. And in any case, I have also started working on ‘Patiala House’ with Akshay Kumar. In fact, I recently completed a schedule with them in London as well. So doesn’t that state that there was no binding by Yash Raj Films when it came to me working with other film makers?”
So when are we looking at the completion of ”Shaadi Mubarak Ho’, her third film with Yash Raj Films?
“First and foremost, the film is not called ‘Shaadi Mubarak Ho’; it is still untitled”, clarifies Anushka, “Yes, it is 90% complete and should release before the end of the year. If everything goes well, I would have three releases this year.”
-Joginder Tuteja /Sampurn Wire
- I was very scared of Rishi Kapoor initially: Anushka Sharma - Jan 30, 2011
- Never had three-film deal with Yash Raj: Anushka Sharma (Interview) - Dec 08, 2010
- Anushka-Ranveer starrer not titled 'Shaadi Mubarak': YRF (Movie Snippets) - Apr 22, 2010
- 24 years on, SRK again woos fans as army man - Sep 06, 2012
- Reality better than dreams: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Apr 27, 2012
- Fans might find my 'Patiala House' look funny: Hard Kaur - Jan 30, 2011
- YRF goes international, launches company in Hollywood - Nov 23, 2011
- Katrina denies approaching Pankaj Kapoor for role (Film Snippets) - Apr 25, 2011
- Nothing erotic about filming erotica: Pooja Bhatt (Movie Snippets) - May 18, 2012
- Imran awestruck by Kareena Kapoor - Jul 02, 2011
- Anushka was nervous to shoot with Rish Kapoor - Jan 18, 2011
- I'm lucky to work with Shah Rukh again: Anushka - Apr 06, 2012
- Can't I expect little respect, asks Katrina - Aug 12, 2011
- Anushka Sharma Won’t Be A Part Of 'Desi Boyz' - Dec 04, 2010
- Crucial Week for Shahid Kapoor - May 07, 2010
Tags: actors, akshay kumar, anushka, bana, box office, confidence, exclusivity contract, film contracts, film makers, good films, good success, heroines, mubarak ho, rab, shaadi, shah rukh khan, shahid kapoor, sigh of relief, three films, yash raj films