I will direct a film this year: Prosenjit ChatterjeeMarch 2nd, 2011 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 2 (IANS) Bengali superstar Prosenjit Chatterjee is set to embark on a new journey - he will direct a film which will go on floors by the year-end. He says he will leave it to the audience to decide whether he is a better actor or a better director.
“I will be directing a film very soon. My agenda is to start the film by the end of this year. It may be in Bengali or both in Bengali and Hindi. That’s my final goal,” Prosenjit told IANS on phone from Kolkata.
For the National Award winning actor, direction would be a new challenge.
“Honestly speaking, I want to keep it as a challenge. In next five to 10 years my audience, who love me, has to decide whether I am a better actor or a better director. I am very serious about direction,” said Prosenjit.
The actor is working on two scripts and said: “I am working on two subjects. I am not very sure. One will be a Bengali cinema and the other will be both in Bengali and Hindi.”
The 48-year-old, who is currently reigning over Bengali cinema, is known for his performance in “Chokher Bali” and “Dosar” and recently he received appreciation for his work in Goutam Ghose’s “Moner Manush” and Srijit Mujherji’s “Autograph”.
Prosenjit says if he won’t get an offer like “Moner Manush”, his directorial venture will be started soon.
“We actors are very greedy. I didn’t know I would be doing a film like ‘Moner Manush’. If I again get a film like that, it (directorial debut) might get stalled, otherwise, yes, by the end of this year or early next year (I will start directing),” said Prosenjit.
- I can't do what Mr. Bachchan did in KBC: Prosenjit - Mar 06, 2011
- Mamata and movie hall magic - after 20 years! - Sep 30, 2011
- Gautam Ghose's next film an English-Hindi bilingual - Dec 21, 2010
- A rural ascetic brings India riches at IFFI - Dec 02, 2010
- I slept on floor for months for 'Moner Manush' role: Prosenjit - Dec 04, 2010
- Gautam Ghose: What’s Next After Moner Manush? - Dec 22, 2010
- ‘Moner Manush’ Movie Review: The Mystery Still Lingers - Dec 07, 2010
- Bengali superstar Prasenjit returns to Bollywood - Apr 27, 2011
- Now Goutam Ghosh to wow Nepal cinegoers - Jan 30, 2011
- IFFI bigger, richer this year: Organisers - Nov 21, 2010
- Gautam Ghose's 'Moner Manush' Is An Indo-Bangladeshi Joint Venture - Aug 04, 2010
- New directors, new ideas power Bengali cinema's resurgence - Feb 19, 2012
- CII to set up entertainment task force - Dec 21, 2010
- 'Moner Manush' revives the 'baul' philosophy in today's times (Bengali film review) - Dec 06, 2010
- Prosenjit Chatterjee: Only Mithunda Could Excel My Lalon Phakir - Dec 04, 2010
Tags: 10 years, actors, audience, autograph, bengali cinema, chatterjee, chokher bali, directorial debut, directorial venture, ghose, kolkata, moner manush, mumbai, new challenge, new journey, scripts, superstar, year end