I will be a much better judge next time - Anand Raj AnandMarch 24th, 2009 - 10:47 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Well known music director , Anand Raj Anand is the latest evictee from Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. Howe ever he seems to be pretty cool about his exit.” At the end there will have to be only winner right. Every week somebody has to go, so this Saturday I went out, but next time it will be somebody else’s chance to face the music “.
Q. What went wrong?
A. Nothing, it’s just that I was not mentally ready to be a part of the face off round again. I had broken my back preparing for the next round. Hence when I did perform on my old number, the disappointment showed on my face and the judges caught it.
But all said and done, I have no regrets. I am overwhelmed by the love and affection that people have showered on me in the last 3 weeks. It’s well known by now that the only reason why I took part in Jhalak was to make my daughter happy. She wanted me to come in front of the whole world. I had promised her that I will last at least till the 6th round, but now I am telling her that the effort each round took was equal to 6 episodes, so I have lasted 18 episodes.
Q. Were you a bit afraid of facing humiliation, if things went wrong?
A. No, this is not a competition of dancers. So all it really boils down is to who is less bad among the crowd. And I am in that stage of my life where I am not competing with anybody else. I am quite secure as a music director and this is just one more facet of life that I am exploring.
Q. Do you think that because you don’t appear too much on television, it worked against you?
A. I agree that I landed in the Face Off due to lesser votes. Some of the sympathy factor’s like Ram Kapoor dancing despite being fat or Mohinder Amarnath being old, did not apply to me. Karan Singh Grower on the other hand has woman swooning all over him. I was regarded as a proper dancer. I also feel that we artists are not so good at management.
Q. Your equation with your choreographer Rosita?
A. It rocked because I clearly told that she will have to forget my celebrity status, if we have to stand a chance. She was really good. My grand dad would always tell me to tolerate the attitudes of talented artist. We have had our share of differences, but they were in the heat of the moment.
Q. You had first taken part as a judge (Junoon Kuchh Kar Dikhaane Ka, NDTV Imagine) in a reality show now participant?
A. I now understand that even the participants have a valid point of view. Hence I will be a much better judge, next time, if given a chance. As for the current judges, I have nothing against them but yes I would have hoped for better marking.
Q. What observation’s have you made?
A. It’s more easier for female celebs for their choreographer’s can easily lift and control them but in our(men) case, its tough for even if Rosita did teach me to lift, we being so clumsy, we will not know what to do next.
Q. What have you taken home from Jhalak?
A. I always knew that as a result of the rigorous physical exercise, even I don’t build the abbs, I will surely loose my flab. And it has happened. Ask anybody what they feel after loosing those extra kilos and seeing the shine return on their faces. I will never be able to thank Jhalak enough for giving me this chance.
Q. Can you sing a song of yours to describe your 3 weeks in Jhalak?
A. I will only sing, Daga Nahi Denge Sanam Phadke Ke Rakh Denge…This will also apply, if we do return as wild card. – Sampurn Media
- Indian TV projects unhappy lives: Karan Johar (Interview) - Jun 13, 2012
- Dance about energy, passion: Karan Johar - Jun 08, 2012
- Bollywood choreographers and their weighty issues (With Images) - Jan 22, 2012
- Nobody can replace Salman in my heart: choreographer Salman - Jul 15, 2012
- Remo D' Souza scares young Salman Khan - Jul 19, 2012
- I am far removed from worldly matters: Lata - Sep 29, 2011
- Aamir's choice of films makes Kamal Haasan happy - Jan 01, 2012
- Madhuri is like lady Michael Jackson: Remo D'Souza - Jan 31, 2011
- I'm not the best dancer, just a good student: Meiyang Chang (Interview, With Images) - Mar 09, 2011
- Hard for singers to sell individual work: Neha Bhasin - Jul 28, 2012
- I am lonely: Mumtaz (Interview) - Jul 30, 2012
- Debina my lady luck: Gurmeet Chowdhary (TV Snippets) - Jul 16, 2012
- I pray, I don't get offers like 'Jhalak...': Sushil Kumar (With Images) - Jun 19, 2012
- Many big heroes refused to work with me: Mumtaz (Interview Part 2) - Jul 31, 2012
- Remo D'Souza wants Madhuri for next! - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: anand raj, choreographer, crowd, dancer, dancers, disappointment, face off, facet, humiliation, love and affection, mohinder amarnath, music director, no regrets, ram kapoor, sympathy, television