I was too good a kisser to go wrong: RanveerOctober 29th, 2010 - 4:07 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 29 (IANS) Newbie Ranveer Singh, who was reportedly in a relationship with co-star Anushka Sharma, says even though he wanted, he could not have retakes for the kissing scene with the actress in their forthcoming film “Band Baaja Baaraat”.
“Kiss was a part of the script, so we had to do it and it has been treated very aesthetically. We did it in just one take. I tried to go wrong, but I was too good a kisser damn,” Mumbai boy Ranveer told IANS in an interview.
The actor is making his debut opposite Anushka in “Band Baaja Baaraat”, produced by Aditya Chopra and directed by first timer Maneesh Sharma. The film is slated to release Dec 10.
Ranveer is all praise for his leading lady in the film, but remained tight-lipped about their off-screen relationship saying he is very much single.
“It was fantastic working with Anushka. She never tried to make me feel like I didn’t know what I was doing. She has a tremendous amount of respect for me as a co-actor and I respect her for that.
“She is so confident that her confidence rubbed off on me. It’s contagious. She is a brilliant actor, a natural actor who knows her job and does it professionally. I really learnt a lot from her. I am single and I wouldn’t want to say more on that,” said Ranveer, who is playing Bittoo Sharma in the film.
Throwing light on his character, he said: “My character is a Delhi University guy who doesn’t believe in being focused. He just whiles away his time, doesn’t care about his future and takes each day as it comes. But finally, he realises he needs to do something after college gets over and that’s when he meets Anushka’s character, who is opposite to him.
“She is focused, very determined and career oriented and knows exactly what to do in life and she is going for it with her blinkers on. So when my character meets her, he finds out that she is quite sorted out and latches on to her. He convinces her to start a business together. Thus they start a wedding planning firm and the journey begins from there.”
Ranveer, who doesn’t have a film background, did a course in acting from Indiana University and has also assisted director Shaad Ali on a couple of ad films.
So how was it playing a Delhi boy for this Mumbaikar?
“The most fun things that I did for the film was transforming into Bittoo. When the director went to Delhi to scout for locations, I went along with him. I let myself loose in Delhi University.
“For days I hung out with boys there. I made friends, chilled out with them, did things and even went to the classes. I spent time on the campus, clicked pictures, made videos of them and analysed what they liked, what they don’t. I tried to pick up their lingo and their perspective on certain things.
“They just welcome you with open arms. It’s testament to the coolness quotient of the people in Delhi University. They are so friendly and so warm. I met some really cool people there,” he said.
- For 'Ladies vs Ricky Bahl', Ranveer-Anushka in sync - Nov 23, 2011
- 'Bittoo Boss' sans stars' special appearances - Apr 10, 2012
- 'Ladies vs Ricky Bahl' script demanded Anushka, Ranveer: Director - Apr 06, 2011
- Ranveer Singh: BBB Came To Me When I Was Going Through Bad Times" - Nov 01, 2010
- Ranbir gives Bengali a shot (Movie Snippets) - Sep 06, 2012
- Sonakshi, Ranveer dying to work together - Mar 25, 2011
- Ranveer's multiple-look campaign dropped - Dec 09, 2011
- Ranveer admits being conman in real life too - Dec 02, 2011
- Never had three-film deal with Yash Raj: Anushka Sharma (Interview) - Dec 08, 2010
- Secret behind Ranveer's six-pack (Movie Snippets) - Nov 15, 2011
- 'Bittoo Boss' endearing, likeable (IANS Movie Review) - Apr 13, 2012
- Band Baaja Baaraat: Interview Of Ranveer Singh - Dec 09, 2010
- Band Baaja Baaraat: Interview Of Anushka Sharma - Dec 09, 2010
- My enthusiasm was misrepresented: Ranveer Singh - Sep 09, 2012
- 'Ladies Versus Ricky Behl', an engaging con caper (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Dec 10, 2011
Tags: actress, anushka, blinkers, brilliant actor, chopra, co star, confidence, debut, delhi university, first timer, forthcoming film, job, kiss, kisser, leading lady, maneesh, newbie, relationship, time doesn, what to do in life