I was scared of admitting my weakness: EminemJune 17th, 2010 - 3:03 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 17 (IANS) Rapper Eminem says he was scared of admitting his drug addiction fearing people would start seeing him as a “weak” person.
“It took me a while to say that I actually did have a problem. In the hip-hop world that I live in, it can be mistaken for weakness and the last thing you want to do in hip-hop is admitting you’re weak. But if I didn’t say I was weak, I could have died,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Eminem as saying.
Asked what advice he would give to people suffering from the same problem, he said: “That’s a tough question. I don’t know how to avoid it. I mean, I could say the cliched things, make sure you stay on the right path, you tend to make the right decisions in life this way.”
In his previous interview Eminem had said that he went to Elton John for support when he wanted to overcome his addiction to painkillers.
- When Eminem almost died - Jun 23, 2010
- Eminem's memory loss woes - Oct 19, 2011
- Lil Wayne to launch skate shoe - Apr 27, 2012
- Indian idioms for free-style western performances? The debate grows (Lifestyle Feature) (With Images) - Jun 29, 2012
- Nicki Minaj wants to be an author - Mar 14, 2012
- Eminem too famous to go out on dates - Nov 10, 2010
- Eminem pestered by fans even in rehab - Jul 03, 2010
- British hip-hop 'on the verge of breaking' on to US charts: Diddy - Jun 12, 2010
- Snoop Dogg needs weed for inspiration - Aug 06, 2012
- Snoop Dogg plans to launch talent show - May 19, 2011
- Rihanna wasn't ready for romancing Drake - Nov 24, 2010
- Jay-Z compares Beyonce with MJ - Aug 16, 2011
- Eminem's 'No Love' Featuring Lil Wayne Premieres - Oct 01, 2010
- I lost my virginity at 13: Usher - Oct 22, 2010
- Eminem pays tribute to Nate Dogg - Mar 18, 2011