I was never offered Adi’s film: Sonam KapoorMay 15th, 2008 - 8:45 am ICT by admin
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, May 15 (IANS) It was rumoured that Sonam Kapoor was going to play the female lead opposite Shah Rukh Khan in director Aditya Chopra’s “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi”, but the young actress says she was never offered the role. In fact, she feels much relieved that Aditya Chopra has finalised Anushka Sharma for the female lead for his third directorial venture.
“Since the film was announced, speculation started about me being in the project. But I was never offered the film! I don’t know where this whole thing started, honestly,” Sonam, who debuted with “Saawariya”, told IANS.
“I did visit Adi a couple of times like any other actor, but not for any particular role. Maybe people saw me entering Yash Raj. Nowadays, even if an actress passes by Yash Raj she’s rumoured to have signed a film with them.”
But Anushka resembles Sonam.
“Does she? Is that a compliment to me or to her? I know it required someone very Punjabi and young. I’ve just played a full-on Punjabi girl in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s ‘Dilli 6′. Even in ‘Saawariya’, I was in full elaborate Indian clothes. Now I need a change of pace and grace.”
Maybe a hot sizzling chic-and-trendy babe?
“Yeah, maybe. I’m not signing anything in a hurry. I’ve all the time in the world and the best advisor any actress in Bollywood could have. My dad (Anil Kapoor).”
Wouldn’t Anurag Basu’s “Kites” with Hrithik Roshan with its sizzling international-looking heroine’s character have been the right vehicle to change Sonam’s demure desi image from her first two films?
Apparently, Sonam was offered the role that Latin actress Barbara Moriis is now doing. But she baulked at the amount of skin show it required.
Sonam is tight-lipped about “Kites”. “All I’ll say is I’d never do anything to compromise myself or my family, or any film where I’ve to cringe at the premiere.”
- Katrina denies approaching Pankaj Kapoor for role (Film Snippets) - Apr 25, 2011
- Anushka and I are very good friends: Ranveer Singh - Dec 22, 2010
- Ranveer, Anushka to pair again in YRF film - Feb 11, 2011
- Priyanka happy for cousin's debut with Yash Raj Films - Feb 15, 2011
- Johar recalls 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' premiere (Movie Snippets) - Oct 16, 2011
- I'm lucky to work with Shah Rukh again: Anushka - Apr 06, 2012
- Karan, Adi are 'lallu': SRK (Movie Snippets) - Oct 11, 2011
- Not dating Parineeti, says Uday Chopra - Jun 18, 2012
- 'Dhoom' great franchise to be part of, says 'villain' Aamir - Feb 03, 2011
- YRF's 'Band Baaja Baraat' releases Dec 10 - Sep 26, 2010
- Never had three-film deal with Yash Raj: Anushka Sharma (Interview) - Dec 08, 2010
- Parineeti in Priyanka's footsteps, only for 'Fashion' - May 19, 2012
- It was refreshing to work with Katrina: Anushka Sharma - Aug 08, 2012
- Sonam surprised at being tagged 'sexy' - Dec 20, 2011
- Katrina Kaif to raise oomph in 'Dhoom: 3' - Sep 23, 2011
Tags: aditya chopra, anil kapoor, anurag basu, change of pace, dilli, directorial venture, hrithik roshan, indian clothes, kites, latin actress, omprakash, rab, saawariya, shah rukh khan, skin show, sonam kapoor, subhash k jha, time in the world, two films, young actress