I was nervous doing love scene with Priyanka: Arjan BajwaOctober 28th, 2008 - 9:39 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 28 (IANS) Newcomer Arjan Bajwa has a bold love scene with Priyanka Chopra in the forthcoming film “Fashion” and he says he was so nervous that he would have “died of anxiety” if the actress had not assuaged his fears.”Was I nervous? You bet I was. Although I’ve done six Telugu films before ‘Fashion’, I hadn’t really done a love scene like this before, and that too with someone of Priyanka’s stature,” Arjan told IANS.
“To her credit, Priyanka put all my nervousness to rest. If it wasn’t for her I’d have died of anxiety. For a newcomer, the co-star is a decisive point in his confidence levels for all times to come,” he added.
But Priyanka, who has done some intimate scenes in movies like “Andaaz” and “Aitraaz” earlier, laughs off the suggestion that the love-making scene in Madhur Bhandarkar’s film is explicit.
“Please! You make it sound so hottt! It is not! What’s all this about an explicit love scene? Please, I’m too much of a girl next door to do any of that. We don’t kiss. But, yes, Arjan and I do share a lovers’ relationship. So, yes, we do have a love scene. But it’s nothing to get all hot and bothered about, not in today’s day and age,” the actress told IANS.
“Arjan was far more petrified than I imagined. I had to forget all my own nervousness,” she added.
Bhandarkar, whose “Fashion” is a glimpse into the world of the style industry, said that most of his films have had intimate scenes and the one between Priyanka and Arjan is not meant to titillate at all.
“This isn’t the first time that I’ve done intimate scenes with my lead pair. There was an even more sensitive scene between Tabu and Atul Kulkarni in ‘Chandni Bar’. ‘Page 3′ had some really hard-hitting moments of sexual content. Fortunately for me, the actors trust me and my judgement,” the director said.
“Priyanka surrendered completely to my vision. When you see her love scene with Arjan you’ll realise that there’s absolutely nothing there that’s meant to titillate,” he added.
- Bhandarkar amused over 'Fashion' copyright case (Movie Snippets) - Apr 13, 2012
- Male models have short life: Model Sahil Shroff - Nov 23, 2011
- Censor board becoming more liberal: Director Dibakar Banerjee - Aug 03, 2012
- Shooting lovemaking scenes gives nightmares to director - Jun 27, 2011
- '7 Khoon Maaf' is not an expensive movie: Priyanka - Feb 24, 2011
- 'Help' Has The Same Feel As An International Horror Film" - Mugdha - Jun 25, 2010
- Big B touched by media's restraint (Movie Snippets) - Nov 09, 2011
- I want to make an intense love story: Bhandarkar - Feb 19, 2011
- My 'lovely ladies' helped me with intimate scenes: Vivek Oberoi (Interview) - Mar 29, 2010
- I am not gender-biased: Bhandarkar - Aug 29, 2012
- 'Chandni Bar', 'Fashion' to be screened in Berlin - Aug 13, 2012
- Neil Opens Up On His Erotic Scene - Nov 04, 2009
- I'm a big fan of Salman Khan: Ali Zafar (Movie Snippets) - Sep 18, 2011
- Director's wife upset over nude scenes in 'Mr Singh...' - Jun 17, 2010
- No similarity between Kunal's film and 'Heroine': Priyanka Chopra - Jul 20, 2011