I want to play romantic comedy roles: Saakshi TanwarApril 12th, 2009 - 9:01 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 12 (IANS) Saakshi Tanwar, who played the character of distressed Parvati in “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki”, says she would return to the small screen if she is offered romantic comedy roles.
Saakshi is now working for her upcoming film “Coffee House”.
“Right now I am not working in any soap because I have no interest doing the same kind of role (like in ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki’). I have done lots of roles that portray sadness. Now I want to play some romantic comedy roles,” she said.
Saakshi essayed Parvati’s role for eight years and later hosted a reality show “Yeh Hai Jalwa” and played the role of Ganga in Ekta Kapoor’s mythology-based show “Kahaani Humaaray Mahabhaarat Ki”.
Talking about her role in “Kahaani…”, she said: “It was great!! When I started I never thought that people will like Parvati’s character so much. While playing that character, I learnt about different relationships too.”
Now Saakshi is gearing up for the release of “Coffee House”, being jointly produced by Shiv Kala Motion Pictures and Marwaha Films. She will be playing actor Ashutosh Rana’s wife in the film.
On her upcoming film, Saakshi said: “The story of the film is about a coffee house and groups of different people.
“It depicts youth, unemployed, retired and old people. The film has feelings, humour, pain and joy which will make the audience search for a few answers in their own lives.”
- "Coffee House is the story about people"-Saakshi Tanwar - Mar 30, 2009
- Saakshi Tanwar in Coffee House - Mar 27, 2009
- Pooja Bose ecstatic over her Bengali debut - Feb 16, 2012
- Sakshi Tanwar to appear in 'Balika Vadhu' - Mar 26, 2010
- Sakshi Tanwar in tonsil trouble - Jul 07, 2011
- TV's old favourites are back - May 20, 2011
- Ekta promised me an image makeover: Sakshi Tanwar - May 29, 2011
- Bollywood must treat women as heroes: 'Kahaani' writer Advaita Kala - Apr 26, 2012
- 'Tere Naam 2' script will be ready soon: Satish Kaushik (Movie Snippets) - Sep 21, 2011
- Shaan's tryst with acting! (Movie Snippets) - Oct 26, 2011
- Achint Kaur to play queen in 'Jhansi Ki Rani' - Dec 18, 2010
- Saakshi Tanwar spreads anti-malaria awareness in Delhi (With Image) - Aug 12, 2009
- Sakshi Tanwar makes her 'bold' presence felt - Oct 17, 2011
- Success more dangerous than failure: Shahid Kapoor (Interview) - May 20, 2012
- Rinku Karmakar prefers drama over comic roles - Aug 21, 2012
Tags: ashutosh rana, coffee house, ekta kapoor, feelings, few answers, ganga, ghar ghar, humour, kahaani ghar ghar ki, motion pictures, mythology, New Delhi, parvati, reality show, romantic comedy, saakshi tanwar, sadness, soap, upcoming film, yeh hai jalwa