I want to make Vidya dance, says Saroj KhanOctober 18th, 2010 - 5:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 18 (IANS) Ace choreographer Saroj Khan, who has made actresses like Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan dance to her tunes, has actress Vidya Balan on her wishlist now.
“I want to make Vidya Balan dance. I like her expressions. I remember seeing her in ‘Lage Raho Munnabhai’, her expressions in the song ‘Pal Pal’ were extremely good,” Saroj told reporters via video conferencing here.
After a successful first season of “Nachle Ve With Saroj Khan”, she is once again returning to the small screen with second season and this time choreographer Terence Lewis will be joining her.
Both the choreographers will be teaching their unique style of dancing to popular television celebrities. The line-up includes Neha Marda, Naman Shaw, Shaleen Bhanot, and Jay Bhanushali among others. All the celebrities will be competing with each other every week and then ultimately battle it out in the grand finale.
The show titled “Nachle Ve With Saroj and Terence” goes on air Oct 25 every Monday to Friday on Imagine TV.
Asked if the advent of international dance forms like hip hop, jazz has suppressed the classical dance form, she said: “I respect all dance forms, but I blame the parents for the supression of classical dance forms because they never encouraged their kids to learn them.”
The 61-year-old, who has been in the industry for over two decades, also expressed her distress over the change in the kind of Bollywood dancing over the years, but is confident that the era of elegant dancing will return.
“I hate those songs. In our time, actresses used to be fully covered when they used to dance, but today, you see them dancing in lesser clothes,” she said.
“But life is a circle, I am sure that the previous era, where actresses used to dance with elegance will return. I have signed five films now where the directors want to have choreography like that of ‘Dola Re’, she added.
- Salsa, Latino edging out Indian classical dances in Bollywood? - Jan 05, 2011
- Dance fever catches on among Indians, thanks to TV - Feb 01, 2011
- When chef Akshay received Rs.29 as tip (TV snippets) - Oct 23, 2010
- Supriya Kumari To Show Her Dancing Skills On ‘Nachle Ve With Saroj Khan And Terence’ - Oct 23, 2010
- Saroj Khan has no plans to direct dance movie - Nov 29, 2011
- I don't enjoy doing films: Terence Lewis - Jan 16, 2012
- No grace in dance today: Saroj Khan - Jun 01, 2012
- The uniqueness of being Vidya Balan - Mar 24, 2011
- 'Jhalak...' not a cake walk for Isha - Jun 29, 2012
- I want to do Marathi films, says Vidya Balan - May 25, 2012
- Big heroines don't need item numbers: Hema Malini - Jun 04, 2012
- Vidya Balan's Mohiniyattam Postponed, Shoulder Condition Relapse - Aug 28, 2010
- I like curvaceous Indian women: Vidya - May 24, 2012
- Vidya Balan is now 'Bombaat Balan' - Nov 25, 2011
- Bollywood choreographers and their weighty issues (With Images) - Jan 22, 2012
Tags: aishwarya rai, choreographer, choreographers, choreography, classical dance, dance form, dance forms, grand finale, hip hop jazz, international dance, life is a circle, madhuri dixit, marda, saroj khan, second season, shaleen bhanot, supression, television celebrities, video conferencing, vidya balan