I want to learn more about Indian culture: Halle Berry (With Image)September 8th, 2012 - 2:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 8 (IANS) Hollywood actress Halle Berry, who is draped in a bright red sari in her upcoming film “Cloud Atlas”, says she is fascinated with Indian culture and wants to know it better.
“India is a fascinating country with myriad layers in it. I want to take a step towards learning more about one of the oldest cultures in the world. I have many Indian friends and it’s fascinating to hear their stories of ancient India,” Berry said in a statement.
For a scene in “Cloud Atlas”, an adaptation of the eponymous 2004 novel by David Mitchell, the actress she dressed in a traditional Indian way. Her look is complete in a sari, and she also wears bangles, with henna applied on her palms.
“Cloud Atlas” is written and directed by Lana Wachowski and Andy Wachowski along with Tom Tykwer. It is the story of humankind in which the actions and consequences of everyone’s lives impact one another throughout the past, present and future.
The movie also stars Tom Hanks.
It will release in India and the US in October, and will be distributed by PVR Pictures.
- Halle Berry injured - Sep 22, 2011
- Matrix director Larry Wachowski is now a she - Jul 30, 2012
- Halle Berry breaks her foot in Spain - Sep 23, 2011
- Halle Berry missed Oscar ceremony due to injured leg - Feb 27, 2012
- Surajkund fair wows Mexican Miss Universe (Lead, With Images) - Feb 03, 2011
- Halle Berry fine after injury - Jul 20, 2012
- The ‘Sari’ Story Of Indian Fashion - Dec 08, 2010
- Sari gets makeover, new look lures Hollywood - Sep 28, 2011
- Oprah drapes sari to meet Ash, Beti B - Jan 16, 2012
- Designer gives sari the Dutch touch (With Image) - Aug 16, 2012
Tags: actress halle berry, adaptation, ancient india, andy wachowski, bangles, cloud atlas, cultures, david mitchell, halle berry, henna, hollywood actress, humankind, indian culture, indian friends, lana wachowski, New Delhi, palms, sari, tom hanks, upcoming film