I want to inspire women, says Mona SinghJune 23rd, 2012 - 7:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 23 (IANS) Actor Mona Singh won hearts as an ugly, yet confident duckling in “Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi”, and now as a strong woman who battles her husband’s infidelity in “Kya Huaa Tera Vaada”, she wants to inspire women across the country.
“As an actor, I am here to inspire women in whatever way I can,” Mona told IANS.
“There are many women who aren’t treated well, whose husbands have extra-marital affairs and yet there are women who accept them back. But here I want to tell them to stand up for themselves and not be dependent on their husband for every decision and for money,” she added.
In the show, the actress plays Mona, a happily married woman with three kids. Their family life is perfect until her husband goes back to his college sweetheart.
The current track of the Sony show features Mona who steps out of her life as a homemaker to make a mark for herself and be financially independent for the sake of her kids.
“A women has to be independent, she has to be working. She has to go out and meet new people,” says the 31-year-old.
While Mona’s husband is essayed by actor Pawan Shankar, actress Mouli Ganguly plays his love interest.
The show’s track has been compared with that of David Dhawan’s 1999 hit film “Biwi No.1″. But Mona says it isn’t completely so.
“To a certain extent I agree, because the man did have an extra-marital affair and there was infidelity, but that was a three-hour movie. However, this is a serial and it will last for one year or two years at least, so it cannot be based on a movie,” Mona said.
In the time that Mona was away from small screen’s fictional content, she was seen on the big screen in films like “3 Idiots” and “Utt Patangg”. Her association with TV was only limited with reality shows “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4″, “Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega 4″ and “Shaadi 3 Crore Ki”.
Just when everybody thought she had shifted to the big screen, she came back to TV.
To this, Mona says movies are just a bonus and her heart lies with the idiot box.
“I was never going to quit television. You’ll never read a single interview of mine where I have said that ‘Okay, this is it! I have done enough, of television and now I am quitting.’ Quitting was never my idea,” Mona said.
“I started from television, I belong here and I will continue to do this. Movies will happen whenever they are supposed to happen. Movies will be bonus for me, television is my everyday bread, butter and jam and everything,” she added.
- Small screen apes big; creativity down the tube - Jul 07, 2012
- Pawan Shankar prefers to be centre of attention (With Image) - Jul 05, 2012
- Pawan Shankar's litti-chokha treat on sets (TV Snippets) (With Images) - Jun 22, 2012
- No dieting for Narayani (TV Snippets) - Apr 12, 2012
- Acting is cool, but hosting is so much fun: Mona Singh - Aug 15, 2010
- Time for old actors to come back and take control: Mona 'Jassi' Singh (Interview) - Jan 21, 2012
- Mouli, a shopaholic (TV Snippets) - Jul 03, 2012
- Nothing gets bigger than Jassi: Mona Singh (With Image) (Interview) - Mar 02, 2011
- Films are like vacation for me: Ekta Kapoor - Jan 19, 2012
- No godfather, only talent works: TV actor Pawan Shankar - Jan 29, 2012
- Fame comes with a price, feels Delnaaz Paul - Sep 09, 2012
- Love your bahus, say telly moms-in-law - May 10, 2012
- Mona Singh loves rain! (TV Snippets) - Jul 12, 2012
- Bharti Achrekar enters 'Meri Maa' (TV Snippets) - Feb 08, 2012
- Rucha Gujarathi to enter 'Beend Banunga Ghodi...' - Sep 02, 2011
Tags: actress, college sweetheart, david dhawan, duckling, extra marital affair, extra marital affairs, ganguly, homemaker, infidelity, june 23, kuch bhi, love interest, married woman, mona singh, nahi, New Delhi, shaadi, strong woman, three kids, utt