I want to be a trendsetter like my dad: Luv SinhaMarch 27th, 2010 - 9:28 am ICT by IANS
By Manpreet Kaur
New Delhi, March 27 (IANS) Another actor son makes his debut next week. And Luv Sinha, the son of actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha, is unabashed about following in his father’s footsteps and says he wants to be a trendsetter too.
Luv, who is set to make his debut with the partition drama “Sadiyaan” with veterans Hema Malini, Rekha and Rishi Kapoor, is quite clear about the path he wants to follow.
“My father earned a big name and people don’t hesitate to copy him even today. I want to earn something like that for myself. I will work hard to get there and bring out what is most expected out of me. I want others to follow my style,” Luv told IANS over the phone from Mumbai.
Luv, whose brother Kush and sister Sonakshi are also planning to enter Bollywood as actors, says he came to the sets with an open mind.
“It’s important to keep one’s attitude at home and not restrict yourself. I did what my director asked me to do. I learnt by listening more and speaking less. I pushed myself to come out with what was expected of me.”
Directed by Raj Kanwar, “Sadiyaan” tells the story of two mothers, a Hindu played by Rekha and a Muslim played by Hema Malini, from partition till the 1970s. Releasing April 2, it also stars Rishi Kapoor.
“The story begins during partition. Then the story moves to 1970s. During the 70s India was still a young nation and the memories of partition were afresh. ‘Sadiyaan’ is a family drama that touches on the relationship between the two nations.”
The newcomer is full of praise for his veteran co-stars.
“It’s been an amazing start and an enriching experience as I got a chance to work with talented actors like Rishi Kapoor, Rekha and Hema Malini.
“The characteristics that each one of them has are unique and make their work stand out and liked by all. Rishi uncle is very sharp and makes everything seem so effortless, Hemaji is relaxed, cool and very supportive whereas Rekhaji is very attentive and focuses on detailing.”
Luv clarifies that he is in no hurry to sign projects.
“I am really looking forward to work with good directors and production houses. I am going through a couple of scripts. But I believe it is important for filmmakers to notice my work first. I am keen on doing romantic, action, comedy but a big no no for horror movies,” he added.
He is hoping to work with Asin Thottumkal and Kareena Kapoor at some point.
As he sees it, “Sadiyaan” is a small step towards an acting career.
“I have no complaints and I think it’s been an amazing life so far. I think I have been blessed. I have lived a life that most children dream to live in. It’s true one needs to be conscious and a little more responsible.
“My parents have been very supportive and I believe this is not an achievement or time to celebrate but this is a small step towards the beginning of my career. I have a long way to go.”
Before venturing into movies, he did a course from the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, but feels three months’ training can’t decide one’s future.
“I think it’s good to come prepared as it isn’t an easy industry to survive. Training helps a newcomer to feel confident, but that doesn’t mean you are unbeatable. One should not become complacent… and should not walk chin-up,” he said.
- Filmmaker Raj Kanwar dead, tweets SRK - Feb 03, 2012
- Rekha, Hema, light up the screen in 'Sadiyaan'(IANS Hindi Film Review, Rating: ***) - Apr 03, 2010
- Raj Kanwar bid final farewell - Feb 05, 2012
- Now, Sonakshi's Brother Luv To Get Boost From Salman! - Sep 18, 2010
- Sadiyaan (2010) - Apr 02, 2010
- "Stop Punishing My Son to Settle Scores"-- Shatrughan Sinha Lashes Out At Son's Detractors - Apr 14, 2010
- It seems Luv is paying a price for being my son: Shatrughan Sinha - Apr 14, 2010
- Being dad's replica won't be good for my career: Luv Sinha - Jun 10, 2009
- Kanwar was obsessed with films: Shekhar Kapur - Feb 05, 2012
- My first film was a mistake: Luv Sinha - Jun 05, 2010
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot - Jun 29, 2012
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Hemaji is an 'Iron Woman': Arjan Bajwa - Jun 17, 2011
- Producer most exploited member of a film unit: Hema - Sep 18, 2011
- Dharmendra floored by Esha's confidence in front of camera - Jun 07, 2010
Tags: actor son, bollywood, co stars, family drama, footsteps, hema malini, kush, luv sinha, manpreet kaur, newcomer, partition, politician, rekha, rishi kapoor, shatrughan, shatrughan sinha, talented actors, trendsetter, veteran co, young nation