I visit Ajmer dargah for peace of mind: DeepikaJuly 24th, 2012 - 4:43 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 24 (IANS) While the debate on whether Bollywood stars should be allowed at the Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Dargah in Ajmer rages on, actress Deepika Padukone says her sole motive while visiting such places is peace of mind.
“I have only visited the place once. I had gone because I believe in worship and god. Whenever we go to such a place, it is not because we want to promote our film. We go there for peace,” the 26-year-old said here.
The shrine’s dewan, Syed Zainul Abedin Ali Khan, who is also the sajjada nashin (current head) of the Chishti order and claims to be a descendant of the saint, said in a statement Sunday that prayers by actors, directors, producers and musicians at this 12th century shrine for success of their films and TV serials are “intolerable”.
Meanwhile, when asked if she is in talks for starring in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Ram Leela”, Deepika said, “This is not true. The only film that I am working on currently is ‘Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani’, which is the most important for me right now because we have a lot of the film left.”
“There is ‘Race 2′, there is ‘Kochadaiyaan’ with Rajini sir (southern superstar Rajnikanth). There is no other announcement I have to make right now,” she added.
- Ajmer shrine custodians protest administrator's remark on Bollywood stars - Jul 24, 2012
- Crowds throng Ajmer for Sufi saint's Urs - Jun 03, 2011
- Smita Patil award has made me believe in my choices: Deepika - Sep 19, 2012
- Ahead of Zardari visit, Ajmer's khadims remember Benazir - Apr 08, 2012
- 'Bilawal is like Rahul Gandhi' - Apr 08, 2012
- Small businessmen suffer due to Zardari's visit - Apr 08, 2012
- The journey to Ajmer Sharif - from Akbar to Zardari - Apr 05, 2012
- Ajmer shrine authorities mum on Zardari visit - Apr 03, 2012
- Kalki roped in for 'Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani' - Mar 15, 2012
- Zardari prays at Ajmer dargah, donates $1mn (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Keep windows shut, shops closed: Ajmer residents told - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari fourth Pakistani leader to visit Ajmer - Apr 03, 2012
- Precious gifts, special prayers for Zardaris at Ajmer shrine (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Zardari prays at Ajmer Sharif, donates $ 1m - Apr 08, 2012
- Emraan's funny bone found in 'Shanghai': Dibakar (Movie snippets) - Jun 01, 2012
Tags: 12th century, actress, ali khan, bollywood stars, dargah, deepika padukone, descendant, jawani, khwaja, mumbai, peace of mind, prayers, producers, rages, rajini, sanjay leela bhansali, sole motive, superstar, tv serials, zainul abedin