I thought my family was odd: ArtertonOctober 9th, 2011 - 4:36 am ICT by IANS
London, Oct 9 (IANS) British actress Gemma Arterton used to believe her family was odd when she was growing up because her parents were separated.
The actress was slightly embarrassed of her home life when she was growing up because she came from a broken home and her hippy mother wasn’t a conventional parent, reports contactmusic.com.
“My home life was very dysfunctional. I remember thinking, ‘God, my family is so odd.’ My mum and dad split up when I was very young and I had lots of brothers and sisters and my mum had lots of boyfriends,” she said.
“She was a hippy and had loads of stuff from her travels. When I’d go to my friends’ houses, they’d have B&Q; wallpaper and we had drawings all over the wall. It’s fabulous now but at the time I remember being embarrassed,” she added.
- Gemma Arterton never thought she would get married - Sep 08, 2010
- Gemma Arterton denies ear surgery reports - Sep 28, 2010
- Gemma Arterton says she fell asleep while tied up for a scene - Apr 23, 2010
- Arterton feels younger without make-up - Mar 05, 2011
- Gemma Arterton says drama school made her serious - Aug 25, 2010
- I wanted to be a princess: Arterton - Jun 05, 2010
- Too much make-up makes me look old, says Gemma Arteron - Mar 04, 2011
- I eat everything except peas: Kim Kardashian - Aug 11, 2011
- Revisiting 'Clash of Titans' will be interesting: Gemma Arterton - Oct 09, 2010
- Gemma Arterton left 'flabbergasted' with Jake Gyllenhaal's body - May 19, 2010
- Scherzinger loved Paula Abdul - Sep 22, 2011
- UK's heaviest baby girl weighs 12 pounds - Feb 17, 2012
- Arterton not part of 'Clash of the Titans' sequel - Mar 30, 2011
- Gemma Arterton taking break from acting to marry boyfriend - Apr 17, 2010
- Gemma Arterton to quit Hollywood next year for family life - Sep 26, 2010