‘I thought I was dead’ says sick Peter AndreNovember 29th, 2010 - 12:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 29 (ANI): Peter Andre thought he was dying when he was rushed to hospital with stomach pains on Friday, the star revealed to his friends and family.
Andre had to undergo emergency surgery in the medical drama, which saw him raced to the Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton, Somerset, in the early hours of Friday morning.
“He was on all fours riddled with pain when his road manager walked into his room,” the Daily Mail quoted the source as telling the Daily Star.
“Pete was really frightened for his life. He felt very disorientated and did not know what was wrong with him,” the source added.
Although it has still not been revealed what Andre is suffering from, he made a speedy recovery from the surgery and was discharged last night.
He was due to play the Plymouth Pavilions on Friday night and Butlins in Minehead yesterday, but was forced to disappoint his fans.
The Butlins concert will now go ahead today instead and the Plymouth Pavilions gig was rescheduled to December 21.
Andre will not be able to dance but is promising the “vocal performance of a lifetime”.
“All other tour dates will be unaffected and will run to schedule. Peter would like to thank everyone for their support and their messages. We apologise to all of Peter’s fans and appreciate their support and understanding,” a statement on Andre’s website said.
Andre’s manager Claire Powell said the singer had been “terribly disappointed” that he was unable to perform at Friday’s sold-out show which was due to kick off his UK tour.
Writing in his column for New! magazine this week, Andre revealed he’d been feeling ill for some time.
“I’m sorry to say that I haven’t been feeling too great these last couple of weeks. I don’t know what’s wrong with me but I’ve got some ongoing health problems, and I’ve been having lots of tests at the hospital, he wrote.
“I also had an MRI scan last week, so hopefully the doctors will get to the bottom of it soon.
“I just don’t feel right and I’m gutted because I had to pull out of the Pride Of Britain Awards because I felt so rough. Hopefully, I’ll be on the mend soon though,” he added.
Pete also complained of stomach pains last week on his ITV2 reality TV show and has previously suffered from gallstones. (ANI)
- Peter Andre undergoes emergency surgery - Nov 28, 2010
- Peter Andre rushed to hospital after collapsing with stomach pains - Nov 27, 2010
- Andre opens up about mystery illness - Dec 08, 2010
- Peter Andre back on stage after surgery - Nov 30, 2010
- Andre flies to Australia to support sick brother - Feb 23, 2012
- Peter Andre still battling illness - Dec 14, 2010
- Peter Andre rushed to hospital - Nov 27, 2010
- Peter Jackson hospitalized with stomach ulcer - Jan 27, 2011
- Sir Peter Jackson recovering after surgery - Jan 30, 2011
- I'm not over my divorce: Pete Andre - Apr 20, 2010
- Uddhav Thackeray to undergo angioplasty Friday - Jul 20, 2012
- Peter Andre back with ex-girlfriend? - Aug 15, 2011
- Katie Price dedicates new book to ex Peter Andre - Oct 29, 2010
- Thought I was dying: Peter Andre - Jul 14, 2010
- Big B prepares for abdominal surgery - Feb 09, 2012
Tags: all fours, butlins, claire powell, daily mail, daily star, emergency surgery, friday morning, friday night, gig, health problems, medical drama, mri scan, musgrove park hospital, plymouth pavilions, somerset, speedy recovery, stomach pains, taunton, tour dates, vocal performance