I survived because of TV, so I respect it: Amit SadhJuly 11th, 2012 - 6:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 11 (IANS) Post “Bigg Boss” there was no work and too much criticism for Amit Sadh, leading to frustration. After six years, the actor has made a comeback and bagged plum movie projects like “Kai Po Che” but gives credit to small screen for his career in films.
“Whatever I am today is because of television, when I came to Mumbai, I didn’t have any money. I survived because of television, so I respect it,” Amit, who was also seen the movie “Maximum”, told IANS.
Amit got his first major break on small screen with Neena Gupta’s “Kyun Hota Hai Pyarr” and went on to do shows like “Guns n Roses”, “Durgesh Nandini”. He has also been part first season of controversial reality show “Bigg Boss”.
He was also participated in dance reality show “Nach Baliye 1″ with his then girlfriend Neeru Bajwa.
But says that post “Bigg Boss” life was tough.
“When I quit ‘Big Boss’, I started looking for films. No one was giving me films. Everybody had their own opinion - some said you’ve not got the physique, some said you can’t dance, some said you are more popular on TV and that you are over-exposed,” Amit told IANS.
“I was frustrated. Then I decided, I need to do something else. I went to New York, enrolled myself in acting school, came back and started everything afresh,” he added.
The actor, however, finds it hard to be a part of the TV shows.
“The kind of content that is being shown of TV today, I don’t think I can be part of it. The way people are being treated is not right. Acting is laborious but it is not labour. I feel it has become is like a machine right now,” he said.
The actor’s Bollywood career seems to be kicking off. After “Maximum”, he is looking forward to the release of his new film “Kai Po Che”, a big screen adaptation of Chetan Bhagat’s bestseller “The 3 Mistakes of My Life”.
Directed by Abhishek Kapoor, the movie features another TV actor Sushant Singh Rajput along with Rajkumar Yadav and Amrita Puri.
“I have had the best time in my life while working on the film As actors, we have to respond to the screenplay and our screenplay and script gives enough space for us to work. A lot of hard work had gone into getting in the skin of the characters and I hope people see that in a nice way,” said Amit, who plays Omi in the film.
As far as future is concerned he is “open to doing anything that challenges me as an actor, anything where I can keep aside Amit and bring alive the character I am playing on screen.”
- Amrita Puri calls Abhishek real star of 'Kai Po Che' - Jul 13, 2012
- Bollywood needs fresh talent: Director Abhishek Kapoor (Interview) - Jun 29, 2012
- I like taking risks, says Sushant Singh Rajput - Jul 13, 2012
- It's bad scripts that Raj Kumar Yadav avoids - Jul 12, 2012
- Proving yourself biggest challenge: Suraj Jagan (Movie Snippets) - Aug 24, 2012
- Medium not important for Sushant Singh Rajput (TV Snippets) (With Images) - Aug 03, 2012
- Director Abhishek Kapoor doesn't believe in weekend business - Jun 28, 2012
- 'Kai Po Che!' to release in January 2013 (With Image) - May 18, 2012
- Now I know why Chetan Bhagat is famous: Amrita Puri (Movie Snippets) - Jul 09, 2012
- Sushant Singh Rajput in movie version of '3 Mistakes Of My Life'? - Apr 30, 2012
- Cricketer Shaun Tait to make Bollywood debut? - Sep 10, 2012
- It's tough to convince me: Shweta Tiwari (Interview) - Jan 12, 2012
- Kite flying - old passion finds new celluloid expression - Jun 30, 2012
- Jay Bhanushali admires Salman's style, Aamir's professionalism - Dec 03, 2010
- No more reality shows for me, says Pooja Misrra - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: abhishek kapoor, acting school, amrita, bajwa, big boss, chetan bhagat, guns n roses, hota hai, major break, neena gupta, new film, puri, rajkumar, rajput, sadh, screen adaptation, sushant singh, tv actor, tv today, yadav