I started acting at the age of 17- Prachi DesaiMay 15th, 2009 - 4:20 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Q. Where did you grow up?
A. I was born in Gujrat but grew up in Panchgani.
Q. Were you a good student?
A. Not really. Till 7th or 8th standard I was a good student but after that I lost interest in studies.
Q. What was the worst popular trend when you were going to college?
A. We were not allowed to follow any trend at that time. But when in school we used to keep big nails and different hair cuts in spite of the teachers strict restrictions.
Q. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A. I always wanted to be an actress.
Q. What is the craziest thing you ever did to let a guy to notice you?
A. I didn’t do anything. I was in a girl’s school and when I went to college I really didn’t do anything since I only studied till 11th standard and when in 12th I shifted to Mumbai. There was no time actually for me to go to disco et al. It actually never happened.
Q. What were your hobbies back then and now?
A. When I was in college I was already acting. I started acting at the age of 17. Well dance was one of my secret hobbies. I liked to dance a lot. Now also dancing is my hobby but at the same time I like listening to music also.
Q. What rumours were people spreading about you then and now?
A. There were a lot of rumours at that time for sure and right now I don’t know if there are any rumours. If I see something in newspaper I will tell you.
Q. What nick names did you have back then and now?
A. I did not have any nick name at that time which I really miss. But now when I started working, people here call me chotu because I am very small. It is a very cute name but not a girly one.
Q. What did you do for fun? And now?
A. On weekends, we used to go for movies after college. We went for shopping, at friend’s birthday party and so on. Now I rarely do anything.
Q. What advice did your parents give you when you were in college? And now?
A. My parents were never forceful but they did advise me for studies as I was in hostel. They never stopped me from going out with friends as long as the study went on properly.
Q. Who was your sweetheart in college and now?
A. I think there were a lot of people whom I must have liked but I don’t remember them now. But I had a true friend, a very nice friend whose name was Manti. She was my best friend from Burma, a chinki girl. She was very sweet and it was really nice time I had with her. Now I don’t have the time and I regret that I did not do anything when I had the time in my hands.
Q. With which celebrity you wanted to go to an isolated island? What was your naughtiest fantasy with him?
A. When I was in school I really liked Shahid Kapoor and now I like Hrithik Roshan. I don’t think fantasies are supposed to be out, but sorry there haven’t been any.
-Shruti Didwaniya /Sampurn Media
- Many big heroes refused to work with me: Mumtaz (Interview Part 2) - Jul 31, 2012
- I am lonely: Mumtaz (Interview) - Jul 30, 2012
- I'll go to Cannes every year now: Minissha Lamba (Interview) - May 22, 2011
- Bollywood doesn't reflect our country: Ashim Ahluwalia - Apr 23, 2012
- It's start of an American movie career for me: Jean Dujardin (Interview) - Feb 29, 2012
- I am far removed from worldly matters: Lata - Sep 29, 2011
- Marriage talk hampers Geeta Basra's career! - Dec 06, 2011
- Why we should all be walking backwards for our health (The Funny Side - IANS has introduced a weekly column by Hong Kong-based humour writer Nury Vittachi) - Jun 08, 2012
- I wanted to do mischievous things on 'Bigg Boss': Veena Malik - Dec 26, 2010
- Aamir's choice of films makes Kamal Haasan happy - Jan 01, 2012
- Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish: Steve Jobs' speech at Stanford - Oct 06, 2011
- Tendulkar would be happy to see an Indian break his record (Roundup) - Mar 25, 2012
- Band Baaja Baaraat: Interview Of Ranveer Singh - Dec 09, 2010
- Indian TV projects unhappy lives: Karan Johar (Interview) - Jun 13, 2012
- I want to marry Daniel Weber over and over again: Sunny Leone - Jan 03, 2012
Tags: actress, birthday party, craziest thing, cute name, different hair cuts, disco, going to college, gujrat, hobbies, listening to music, nails, nick name, nick names, panchgani, parents, prachi desai, shopping, spite, strict restrictions