I stand by Dibakar: Anurag KashyapMarch 17th, 2011 - 6:27 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 17 (IANS) Director Anurag Kashyap has shot down casting couch allegations levelled against his friend, director Dibakar Banerjee, by actress Payal Rohatgi, saying a director of his generation won’t compromise on the integrity of his films.
Payal claims that Banerjee had asked her to show her bare body and when she refused to oblige him, she didn’t get the role though she did well in the audition for his much-anticipated project “Shanghai”.
“I stand by Dibakar. Among this generation of directors, not a single director will cast anyone just because he gets to have sex with that person. None of them would ever compromise with the integrity of their films,” Kashyap told IANS.
The director, who had himself launched two new faces - Mahie Gill and Kalki Koechlin - with his much acclaimed movie “Dev D”, said none of the directors meet the actors until the shooting date.
“I don’t think directors like Dibakar, Anurag (Basu) or Imtiyaz (Ali) would give a role to anyone who was sleeping with them. We all have casting directors. In the first place, most of the directors have stopped meeting actors.
“We audition for around three to four months for a character. Anyone who wants to bypass the audition gets automatically rejected,” said Kashyap, who is now in a realtionship with Kalki.
Talking about his films, he said he has three releases in the next five months.
“‘The Girl in Yellow Boots’, ‘Michael’ and ‘Shaitan’ are releasing in the next five to six months. ‘The Girl in Yellow Boots’ would be releasing in the next two months,” he said.
He has just finished shooting “Gangs of Wasseypur” and would start editing it after taking a long break.
“I have just finished shooting. It was a long marathon shooting of four months. I am taking a break now. Once I come back, I will edit the film. I had fun shooting the movie,” said the director.
- I love going back to theatre: Kalki - Mar 14, 2012
- Anurag jealous of Dibakar Banerjee, says wife Kalki - Jun 07, 2012
- Don't look like village girl, so not in '...Wasseypur': Kalki - Jun 04, 2012
- Kalki-Kashyap wedding set for April 30 (Lead) - Apr 25, 2011
- I'm getting married this year: Kalki Koechlin - Apr 25, 2011
- It's hard to keep up good work in Bollywood: Kalki Koechlin (Interview) - May 16, 2012
- I'll complete Mani Kaul's movies: Anurag Kashyap - Jul 17, 2011
- 'That Girl In Yellow Boots' good news for Indian cinema (IANS Movie Review) - Sep 02, 2011
- 'Shaitan' doesn't intend to have shock value: Gulshan Devaiya - May 30, 2011
- 'That girl…' my last intense film with Kalki: Anurag (Movie Snippets) - Aug 09, 2011
- Actor Gulshan Devaiah on negative streak! - Aug 29, 2011
- 'That Girl In Yellow Boots' to premier in New York - Aug 23, 2011
- Kalki Koechlin to play female lead in Dibakar's 'Shanghai' - May 06, 2011
- 'Shanghai' best film, Dibakar best director: Kashyap - Jun 01, 2012
- I love Beti B in Aishwarya's arms the most: Abhishek (Movie Snippets) - Nov 25, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,