I respect Aishwarya for what she is: Katrina KaifApril 1st, 2009 - 3:54 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Katrina has climbed one step higher on the pedestal of success. Representing the Barbie doll in India and walking the ramp in the Barbie clothes has been an iconic moment for Katrina who has now made it to the top. Katrina has replaced Aishwarya Rai in most of the campaigns and since there was a buzz that Aishwarya Rai was going to the iconic figure for Barbie, Katrina being selected for the same came as a surprise.
“I know nothing about that. My association was with Mattel Company. They approached me and I took it up. As far as Aishwarya Rai is concerned she is a talented actress and is an iconic figure not only in India but all over the world. I respect Aishwarya for what she is” says Katrina.
“I feel lucky and privileged and to have things offered to me on a platter. Everything I have worked for in life has been fulfilled. My whole journey has been wonderful. It has come at the right time and I have worked hard for it. I feel blessed and fortunate that god has answered everything. I am trying to give my best shot every time I try something new” she further adds.
Dressing up as a Barbie girl must be every girl’s dream, we tell her. “Yes, dressing up as a Barbie girl certainly brought back childhood memories. It was a great occasion and they were moments I could relate to in real life like how I strutted around in my clothes as a young child. These are moments which you capture in your heart so that when you grow old you can sit and cherish them. I am certainly happy and joyous. I enjoyed every bit of it” says Katrina.
So how did the association come about at the last moment we ask her. “Mattel wanted to do something on the 50 years of Barbie. They have already got stars to endorse for Barbie in New York and London and they wanted some one in India. I was game for it. For me it was flattering since it was for the first time in India. But I want to clear it out that this will be just a collective item for the Barbie stores. It is not for sale” reveals Katrina.
Katrina Kaif has been applauded as a youth icon but now the actress has found a new place for self among her little fans. “It is one thing to be an iconic figure but I would like to tell all my little fans that don’t bother what size you are just aspire in life and make the most of your ability. Have fun and make the most of being a woman in life. Live your life the best” she says. -Sampurn Media
- New Barbie dolls for Olympics 2012 - Jul 26, 2012
- Are Barbie and Ken getting together again after 43 yrs? - Feb 07, 2011
- I want Madhubala's films, Madhuri's talent: Dia - Mar 29, 2012
- Barbie Katrina to be launched in December - Nov 20, 2009
- Barbie doll-maker slammed over recruitment of models as young as 12 - Feb 13, 2011
- Biggest moment when Michelle wore my dress: Naeem Khan (Interview) - Nov 01, 2011
- Deepak Sawant set to work with Abhishek in Bhojpuri film - May 03, 2012
- Barbie Doll moment for Nicki Minaj - Dec 04, 2011
- Barbie and Ken may reunite - Feb 07, 2011
- Katrina launches Barbie doll inspired by her - May 05, 2011
- When superstar Katrina Kaif was turned away from UK modeling contract - Dec 19, 2010
- Katrina Kaif: The Perfect Barbie Doll! - Nov 25, 2010
- After Katrina, Hrithik may walk the ramp for kids - Jan 13, 2012
- My mother is nucleus of my existence: Aishwarya (With Images) - Mar 23, 2012
- 'Busty Barbie' sends the wrong message, complain parents - May 27, 2010
Tags: aishwarya rai, barbie clothes, barbie doll, barbie girl, buzz, campaigns, childhood memories, god, heart, journey, katrina kaif, last moment, mattel, mattel company, pedestal, ramp, right time, surprise, talented actress, time in india