I refused Ekta Kapoor thrice: actress Megha GuptaNovember 11th, 2008 - 10:41 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 11 (IANS) In contrast to young actors who line up for hours to audition for a role in Ekta Kapoor’s daily soaps, the leading lady of “Main Teri Parchchain Hoon” Megha Gupta says she refused the television tsarina’s offer thrice.”Ekta called me thrice to star opposite Naman (Shaw) in ‘Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thhi’ before Anita Hassanandani was roped in for the role. I wanted to study and I was not interested in full-time acting that time, so I had to refuse her thrice for the role,” Megha told IANS over telephone from Mumbai.
Before that Balaji Telefilms offered her a role in “Kavyaanajli” too.
“I went to Balaji for a project as a part of my graduation course and was accidentally sent for the audition for ‘Kavyaanajli’. I wasn’t even thinking of acting at that time as I had to complete my studies. Ekta wanted me to do the main lead in the show, but I refused. Then she gave me another role in the soap that wouldn’t require much of my time and I took it as a means of pocket money while studying,” she said.
Acting happened by chance for Megha, who has graduated in Mass Media and wanted to pursue advertising or marketing as a career.
After her stint in “Kavyaanjali”, she was spotted in “Kkusum” and then in detective series “CID” before she was offered the lead in Rajshri Production’s “Main Teri Parchchain Hoon” on NDTV Imagine.
“After my graduation, I started working for an event management company before I got a call for ‘Kkusum’. I accepted the offer and after that ‘CID’ happened. I got ‘Main Teri…’ while I was doing ‘CID’.
“When Sooraj ji (Barjatya) called me for narration, I was so sure of Rajshri Productions that I did not even discuss the story with them. I always knew it’d be very clean and family-oriented. Moreover, after venturing into acting and despite doing three shows earlier, this was the first time I was playing a lead in a show,” Megha said.
Megha plays 21-year-old Aanchal in “Main Teri…” who tries to set things right for three children whose mother dies in a bus accident.
She is also participating in the fourth season of dance-based reality show “Nach Baliye” with beau Naman and says it “takes up a lot of energy”.
“Dancing was very difficult for me because it involves a lot of flexibility. Before that I had danced only at award functions. Naman has already participated in two shows and won both.
“So when Naman asked me if we could do the show together, I said yes, as I knew I had a strong partner in him. It was also a way for us to spend time together with of course learning a variety of dances,” she said.
Megha met Naman during a special show co-produced by Balaji Telefilms and NDTV Imagine.
“Naman and my story is a very typical boy-meets-girl and vice-versa. We met at NDTV Imagine’s ‘Tyohar ki Bahar’ where we had to perform together. Since he shares a very good rapport with Balaji, he freaked out when he knew I had ditched a role opposite him thrice in “Kyunkii…”.
“During the rehearsals, he started throwing attitude at me but then we clicked really well and it’s now been six months to our relationship,” she said.
Asked about her future projects, Megha said: “I am not ambitious enough. I go with the flow. As of now I don’t want to take any show. Also, with my daily six-hour rehearsals for “Nach Baliye…” I am completely exhausted.”
- Aamir Ali is a good boyfriend: Sanjeeda Sheikh (With Images) - Jun 22, 2011
- Bengali version of 'Dirty Picture' stalled, Rakhi depressed - Jul 06, 2012
- I play a traditional Marwari woman: Nausheen on comeback show - Mar 27, 2011
- The Man In Megha Gupta's Life - Jun 11, 2010
- Rajeshwari understands my profession: Varun Badola - May 13, 2012
- Bindu Finally Gets Her 'Bollywood Ka Ticket' - Jul 15, 2010
- Tusshar turns co-producer, says it's for money - Feb 22, 2012
- Congrats Soumitra da, says Big B (Movie Snippets) - Mar 22, 2012
- Acting was no longer a challenge: Prashant Bhatt - May 17, 2012
- Rucha Gujarathi to enter 'Beend Banunga Ghodi...' - Sep 02, 2011
- Nausheen-Anuj team up again for 'Crimes of Passion' - Jul 29, 2012
- Ekta Kapoor upset with 'Pavitra Rishta' crew - Sep 16, 2010
- Anita Hassanandani Is Back To Television With Vikram Bhatt’s Thriller Show - Jan 12, 2011
- Shocking facts made Varun accept 'Phir Subah Hogi' - Apr 10, 2012
- 'My name is Chang & I'm not a foreigner' (Movie Snippets) - Jul 23, 2011