I promise that I will be back with a big bang - Gauhar KhanApril 12th, 2009 - 7:37 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Anil Merani
Gauhar Khan the latest evictee from Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3 talks about her problems with earlier choreographer Hanif Hilal and what went wrong in the Rumba round.
What went wrong?
Nothing really. 2/3 judges felt that Parul’s choreography was stronger then our. I hold no grudges for; it’s their judgment call. But some people did comment that our expressions and step’s in the Rumba were a cut above Parul.
Was your demanding to replace Hanif was right given that you got eliminated anyways?
No it was not my new choreographer Himanshu’s fault, for he performed par excellence despite 6 stitches. He did go wrong with the elastic bands, but covered it up perfectly. I am proud of him and love him for his effort.
The AV before your Rumba performance showed you dictating terms to Himanshu as well?
No, I as an artist reserve the right to give my feedback about what I feel and it’s up to the choreographer to accept it or not. You also must realize that a certain amount of editing does go about to create a story. And it’s not only me other contestant’s also give their inputs. I prefer to voice my concerns there and then, rather then getting blamed later for a poor performance. I still stand by my conviction that Hanif was lacking somewhere.
Are you as emotional in real life as well?
Jhalak is as real as it gets. I am quite emotional in real life as well and if in the future rounds, I feel that I am being wronged; I will again express my opinion. This is my personality trait which I can’t change. I always fight for the truth. I don’t think any other contestant would have had the guts to demand a change, but that’s me.
Your take on the judges…
I love them. We all have grown up watching Sarojji teach Madhuri Dixit and Sridevi dance. Juhiji has always stood up for me when nobody was there. Her honesty is her biggest plus point. As for Vaibhavi, she makes me go mad. She notices small small things in my performance. I want to dance like her.
It is alleged that you and Hanif had a history before?
No, that article which suggested that I knew Hanif from my Pune days is all hogwash. I was in Pune when I was only 16, so you mean to suggest that I had an affair with him then. I have never known Hanif even socially, forget personally. The only time we had met before Jhalak was when he was contesting in Grasim Mr India, and I was hosting that event.
Are you all set for wild card round?
Yes my dance has picked up a lot and I am all ready to return, courtesy the wild card. Rest assured we will leave no stone unturned. Our jodi has prepared an item never tried before in Indian dance. Himanshu is the perfect partner.
Do you think that TV star’s have a better chance to survive when it comes to audience voting?
They surely have an extra edge as people just don’t vote for dance performance but also for the celebrity. But all that is okay.
Any message to your fans?
I want to thank them for all their love and support. They voted for me despite all my ups and downs. I humbly request them to keep up their support in the wild card round as well. I promise them that I will be back with a big bang. As for co-contestants they better watch out. My return would mean that they all would have to pull up their sock. I am here to make it the finale and win. – Sampurn Media
- Pratyusha Banerjee too skinny to look vulgar! - Jun 13, 2012
- Hard for singers to sell individual work: Neha Bhasin - Jul 28, 2012
- I prefer hosting reality shows: Jay Soni - Jul 27, 2012
- My legs move on pitch, not dance floor: Sanath Jayasuriya (Interview) - Jun 15, 2012
- Bollywood choreographers and their weighty issues (With Images) - Jan 22, 2012
- Dance about energy, passion: Karan Johar - Jun 08, 2012
- Remo D' Souza scares young Salman Khan - Jul 19, 2012
- Age no bar to Avika Gor for essaying new roles - Jul 28, 2012
- Isha may win 'Jhalak...': Archana Vijaya - Jul 15, 2012
- Madhuri is like lady Michael Jackson: Remo D'Souza - Jan 31, 2011
- I've maintained myself well: Talat Aziz - Jun 25, 2012
- Nobody can replace Salman in my heart: choreographer Salman - Jul 15, 2012
- Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 4: Evicted Contestants Performs To Get A Wild Card Entry - Jan 26, 2011
- 'Jhalak...' not a cake walk for Isha - Jun 29, 2012
- Daya out of 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4' - Jan 28, 2011
Tags: anil, big bang, choreographer, choreography, conviction, elastic bands, expressions, gauhar khan, grudges, guts, hilal, honesty, judgment call, madhuri dixit, merani, par excellence, personality trait, poor performance, stitches, truth