I pray, I don’t get offers like ‘Jhalak…’: Sushil Kumar (With Images)June 19th, 2012 - 2:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 19 (IANS) The offer to participate in a glamorous show like “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” is difficult to resist, says KBC winner Sushil Kumar and hopes that he doesn’t get more such offers in future as he won’t be able to control the temptation to accept them.
Bihar-based Kumar became an overnight sensation when he won the bumper prize of Rs.5 crore in the fifth season of “Kaun Banega Crorepati” (KBC) and now he is seen shaking a leg in “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5″.
“After winning ‘KBC’, I went back home. Later, I came to Delhi to study for civil services exam. After the exam, I went back home. My exam did not go well. When I was studying, this offer came my way,” Kumar, who worked as a computer operator before his big win, told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
“People like me, who are nowhere near to the glam-world, don’t get a chance to meet people whom we have always seen on screen. It is like a dream. Considering that I will be on TV and meet Madhuri-ji (Madhuri Dixit), I gave a nod to the show,” he added.
“Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5″ went on air Saturday with 13 contestants and this time the judges panel includes Madhuri, filmmaker Karan Johar and choreographer Remo D’Souza.
Kumar is competing with Gurmeet Chowdhary, Giaa Manek, Pratyusha Banerjee, Jayati Bhatia, Sanath Jayasuriya, Talat Aziz, Ravi Kishan, Isha Sharvani, Archana Vijaya, Shibani Dhandekar, Darsheel Safary and Bharti Singh for the title.
Talking about his plans to take up reality shows in future, Kumar says he is content with his life but offers are too tempting for him to say no.
“This is a very tough thing to say. I am happy with my studies and my life, but offers like this to meet people like Ishaji, Raviji, Madhuriji are quite attractive. I just pray to god that I don’t get such proposals in future because if it will be something interesting then I will take it up,” he said.
Kumar says his wife, who loves watching TV, got excited when he got the “Jhalak…” offer and motivated him to participate in it.
“I never watch TV but my wife follows every show. She could not control her excitement when ‘Jhalak…’ team made the offer. She explained me about the concept of the show and motivated me to go ahead,” said Kumar.
A non-dancer Kumar says the show is going to be an unforgettable experience.
“After winning KBC, I gained 20 kg in two months and here in ‘Jhalak…’ I have lost 10 kg in 15 days. I am the person who eats rice twice a day and here I am eating only chapatis. I have been asked not to eat rice as it will make me drowsy and I will not be able to rehearse,” he said.
- After 'Jhalak...', Sushil Kumar says no to dance - Aug 05, 2012
- Talat Aziz out of 'Jhalak Dikkhla Jaaa' - Jun 30, 2012
- KBC winner Sushil Kumar in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5' - Jun 17, 2012
- After winning 'KBC' jackpot, Sushil building house for family - Jul 31, 2012
- Madhuri shoots for ad - Dec 23, 2010
- I've maintained myself well: Talat Aziz - Jun 25, 2012
- Dance about energy, passion: Karan Johar - Jun 08, 2012
- Sushil Kumar's 'Jhalak...' journey ends - Aug 04, 2012
- Ravi Kishan in 'Jhalak...' because of daughter (Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2012
- Madhuri wants Gene Kelly's tap dancing shoes (Movie Snippets) - Jun 25, 2012
- Forced weight loss for Ravi Kishan - Jun 29, 2012
- Debina my lady luck: Gurmeet Chowdhary (TV Snippets) - Jul 16, 2012
- SRK's 'dil to pagal hai' for Madhuri - Dec 17, 2010
- Chinese Indian Meiyang Chang bags 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' trophy - Mar 09, 2011
- 'Jhalak...' not a cake walk for Isha - Jun 29, 2012
Tags: archana, bharti, bhatia, chowdhary, computer operator, crore, fifth season, isha sharvani, jaa, jayasuriya, johar, judges panel, kishan, madhuri dixit, overnight sensation, pratyusha, reality shows, safary, sushil kumar, talat aziz