I play well under pressure: Bipasha BasuJuly 31st, 2010 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 31 (IANS) Dealing with work pressure may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but actress Bipasha Basu admits that’s just what has been driving her through her nearly decade-long career in Bollywood.
“When I started out, I was called this unconventional, dark, tall and sexy woman, and these were taboo for being a film actor at that point of time. I had to deal with all that,” Bipasha told reporters here Saturday.
“There was also a point six years back when people said - ‘Bipasha is fat’. So for me it’s been a growth with all these pressures, and yes, I do play very well under pressure,” she added.
The 31-year-old actress, dressed in a white, crochet dress, braved the Mumbai rains and flew to the capital to introduce a new range of shower heads by bath products manufacturer Kohler.
The range is unique as the shower heads have been custom designed for Indian homes which often have low water pressure. Hence, Bipasha ended up talking about the pressures in her life.
“I believe in ‘love yourself’ and you have to be always confident of who you are. That always helps. The pressures will always remain,” she said.
“Somewhere all these pressures actually make you fight back, make you understand yourself and you become a wholesome person at the end of the day,” she added.
The secret behind her happiness is that she hopes for “realistic things”, Bipasha said.
“I believe in realistic goals and that’s one reason for my contentment. There’s no end to what you may want from life but you will always be happier if you set achievable goals,” she said.
The actress has earlier starred in movies like “Ajnabee”, “Raaz”, “Jism”, “Omkara” and “Race”. Among her forthcoming releases are “Aakrosh” and “Dum Maaro Dum”.
- Link-up rumours part of our business: Bipasha Basu (With Images) - May 02, 2011
- I want to do action: Bipasha Basu (Interview) - Oct 13, 2010
- For Rana Daggubati, Bipasha just a friend - Apr 30, 2012
- Hollywood project gave me fresh perspective: Bipasha Basu (Interview) - Apr 03, 2011
- Bipasha rubbishes wedding reports - Sep 29, 2011
- Bollywood posters go dare bare with women - Feb 23, 2012
- Bipasha's 'Raaz 3' to uncover with Sunny's 'Jism 2' - Jul 23, 2012
- Who says models can't act? - Aug 08, 2011
- Bipasha To Shoot Her Fitness Video In Goa - Aug 30, 2010
- I'm not into script changing: Deepika Padukone (Film Snippets) - Nov 23, 2010
- I became better with every film: Bipasha (Movie Snippets) (With Image) - Aug 26, 2012
- Hope I match Bipasha in 'Jism 2': Sunny - Mar 17, 2012
- Bipasha fine with multi-starrers - Dec 28, 2011
- Deepika won't perform at India-South Africa match - Mar 09, 2011
- Bipasha thanks Bobby, Akshay for career - Dec 26, 2011
Tags: achievable goals, actress, bipasha basu, bollywood, contentment, cup of tea, film actor, forthcoming releases, happiness, low water pressure, mumbai rains, New Delhi, omkara, point six, products manufacturer, raaz, realistic goals, sexy woman, shower heads, six years