I owe a lot to Subhash Ghai: Anil KapoorNovember 19th, 2008 - 9:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 19 (IANS) Anil Kapoor has been playing lead roles in Hindi films for over 25 years and even though his success cannot be attributed to a single person, the actor says he has a special place for showman Subhash Ghai who directed him in films like “Ram Lakhan”, “Trimurti” and “Taal”.”Subhashji has given a me a lot and I owe so much to him. I never ask for the script or enquire about my role in Subhashji’s films. He offers me a film and I do it without asking him anything,” said Anil who will be seen in Ghai’s forthcoming directorial venture “Yuvvraaj”.
Anil, who has acted in more than 100 films with several blockbuster hits including “Meri Jung”, “Tezaab”, “Beta”, “Eeshwar”, “Mr India” and “Virasat”, said: “People know me as an actor who goes through the script and is selective in choosing films and roles. But, for Subhashji it is not so.
“When I do Subhashji’s films, I don’t know what am I doing. He only asks me to do whatever he tells me and I do it without even knowing the story.”
Referring to “Yuvvraaj”, Anil said: “This is my seventh film with Subhashji and I did it on same conditions. He (Ghai) never showed me the script or described the role. He said when you get an award for the role, say good things about me.”
Anil has worked with directors like Mani Ratnam, Priyadarshan, Yash Chopra, N. Chandra, Shekhar Kapoor, Rajkumar Santoshi and Rakesh Roshan and has won more than 20 awards including five Filmfare Awards.
- Subhash Ghai ropes in Priyadarshan for new project - Aug 18, 2010
- Subhash Ghai Signs Priyadarshan To Direct His Next Movie - Aug 18, 2010
- I was lucky to have worked with Ashok Mehta: Anil Kapoor - Aug 16, 2012
- Mukta Arts announces three films to mark 32nd anniversary - Oct 25, 2010
- Spirit must not die, show must go on: Subhash Ghai (Interview) - May 11, 2012
- I've always found women superior: Anil Kapoor (Interview) - Jul 06, 2010
- Santoshi to start Abhay-Sonam starrer Feb 1 - Jan 11, 2012
- Mukta Arts Announces 3 Films On Their 32nd Anniversary - Oct 27, 2010
- Will Aamir launch Jackie's son? - Nov 24, 2011
- We want good scripts, chants Bollywood - Mar 19, 2012
- Anil still goes 'dhak dhak' for Madhuri (Movie Snippets) - Dec 25, 2010
- Anil Kapoor plays autistic role in 'Yuvvraaj' - Nov 13, 2008
- Salim-Suleiman, Ismail to compose for Ghai's next - Sep 10, 2012
- My children don't want to do remakes: Anil Kapoor - Mar 11, 2012
- I don't feel weird about playing mother on screen: Madhuri Dixit (Interview) - Jan 19, 2011