I never wanted to do ‘American Idol’: Steven TylerMay 26th, 2011 - 2:13 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 26 (IANS) “Aerosmith” rocker Steven Tyler never wanted to judge the singing talent show “American Idol” because he initially thought that there was not enough talent on the show.
“I never wanted to do ‘American Idol’. I turned around and said, ‘The show sucks. How can kids be (an) American idol? They haven’t played clubs, they haven’t paid their dues, that haven’t done what we did.’ I was wrong. They are out there, we just have to wade through a bunch of them,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Tyler as saying.
But the 63-year-old has been a huge hit since joining judges Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson on the revamped judging panel for the 10th season of the show.
He now believes that there were lot of talents who caught his eye, but it was finalist Lauren Aliana who had impressed him from the beginning.
“When I first heard Lauren, seven months ago, it was the second city. You have to go through so many kids and she sang. She doesn’t try to hit the notes, the words just go to that place. Everybody else is trying to hit the notes, and she’s never had that problem with pitch.
“Maybe bad songs, but she’s been perfect and right and great. I circled her months ago and said ‘American idol’. Her and about six or seven others, but I heard her first. I mean how does a 15-year-old sing like that? How does that happen? That’s magic, that’s the gift, and that’s what we’re looking for,” he said.
- Steven Tyler's 'American Idol' Reincarnation - Jan 19, 2011
- Cowell wants to make Pippa a star - Aug 13, 2011
- Tyler likely to return for next season of 'American Idol' - Jul 10, 2011
- Steven Tyler quits 'American Idol' - Jul 13, 2012
- Madonna not keen to judge reality show - Apr 20, 2012
- Lauren Alaina Wows "American Idol" Judges During Nashville Audition - Jan 28, 2011
- Sheen genuinely interested in 'American Idol' - Jul 19, 2012
- American Idol: Final Contestant - Feb 10, 2011
- Lopez, Tyler new 'American Idol' judges - Sep 23, 2010
- Tyler landed 'American Idol' job because of Dioguardi - Apr 28, 2011
- Liv Tyler's friends have a crush on her dad - Jun 24, 2011
- Liv Tyler is proud of her father's American Idol role - Mar 23, 2011
- Lopez quits 'American Idol' - Jul 14, 2012
- Amerian Idol Unveils Steven Tyler's Vulnerable Side - Jan 20, 2011
- Indian music speaks to soul: rock icon Steven Tyler (Interview) - May 21, 2011