I never wanted to be an actress: Nandita Das (Film Snippets)June 12th, 2009 - 10:45 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 12 (IANS) She might have proven her mettle in movies like “Fire”, “1947 Earth”, “Ramchand Pakistani” and “Firaaq” to name a few, but versatile actress Nandita Das says she never intended to pursue the profession.
“I never wanted to be an actress. When I used to do street theater during college, people used to ask me to take on acting more seriously but I never used to pay heed. I perhaps came into acting by default and by chance,” Nandita told IANS.
The actress-turned-director, who in also a social activist, had earlier said that she “doesn’t have a definite profession”.
I would love to see my mom back on screen: Mimoh Chakraborty
Although yesteryear’s actresses Yogita Bali has no plans for a career revival, her son Mimoh Chakraborty says he would love to see his mother on the big screen.
“I would love to see my mom back on screen someday. I did even tell her a couple of times when I was shooting for ‘Jimmy’ that it’s my dream to work with her… but then I realised that she left all that when she married my father (Mithun) because personally she always wanted a family. She never wanted all the glitz and glamour of showbiz,” Mimoh told IANS.
“She has given all that up and I respect her for that. She doesn’t even go for kitty parties or movies. We have to force her to do even that. She is happy with her family, her dogs and other pets. She is very content with her life,” he added.
The 56-year-old’s last film was “Aakhri Badla” with actor husband Mithun. She has also appeared in films like “Jaani Dushman”, “Nagin”, “Kunwara baap”, “Jheel Ke Us Paar”, “Banarasi Babu” and “Parwana”.
Newcomer Vaishali Desai not sidelined from promotions
Jackky Bhaganani, who is making his debut with “Kal Kissne Dekha”, has slammed reports that his newcomer co-star Vaishali Desai was sidelined from the promotions of the movie to give more fillip to him.
“Vaishali has not been sidelined at all. She has been there during all the promotional activities for the film and has been present with me at all the public shows. She is there everywhere even in the ‘Kal Kissne Dekha’ promos,” Jackky told IANS.
The rumours surfaced after the falling presence of Vaishali from the movies’ numerous promotional activities around the country considering it is produced by Jackky’s father Vashu Bhagnani.
Releasing Friday, “Kal Kissne Dekha” is a romantic thriller about a college boy who can foresee the future.
- Shaan wants to stop alcohol promotion in movies (Movie snippets) - May 28, 2012
- 500 screens release for Kal Kissne Dekha worldwide - Jun 11, 2009
- Comparison with Salman makes Jackky happy - Aug 30, 2012
- It was special when Kareena held my hand: Jackky Bhagnani - May 28, 2009
- 'Kal Kissne Dekha' - of love and supernatural powers (IANS Preview) - Jun 08, 2009
- Jackky Bhagnani becomes gets nostalgic - Oct 03, 2009
- Bollywood freshers go fat-to-fit to match A-listers - Apr 26, 2009
- Hugely promoted 'Kal Kissne Dekha' gets dull opening - Jun 15, 2009
- All Jackky needs is a platform to dance - May 07, 2009
- KAL KISSNE DEKHA GOLDEN NIGHTS - May 23, 2009
- 'F.A.L.T.U' not a dance film: Jackky Bhagnani - Jun 18, 2010
- Vashu Bhagnani postpones Film Kal Kissne Dekha - May 29, 2009
- Jackky-Pooja romance not a publicity gimmick! - Mar 07, 2011
- KKD, ZLKH add on to long list of 2009 flops - Jun 18, 2009
- Movie Review: Kal Kissne Dekha (2009) - Jun 12, 2009
Tags: baap, babu, badla, chakraborty, co star, dushman, fillip, glitz and glamour, last film, mettle, mithun, New Delhi, newcomer, showbiz, snippets, social activist, vaishali desai, versatile actress, yesteryear, yogita bali