I never wanted fame: Lily CollinsApril 10th, 2012 - 3:40 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, April 10 (IANS) Actress Lily Collins says she always wanted to be in the movies, but not to become a tabloid star.
“But the thing is, I was never looking at a strategic way of gaining fame. That’s not why I’m doing this (acting),” she told theobserver.com in an interview.
Being the daughter of famous rocker Phil Collins, as a child Lily used to be surrounded by superstars, reports contactmusic.com.
“I’m told more things than I actually remember, and now I’m running into these certain people who’ve seen me on billboards, and they come up to me and go, ‘Gosh, it’s so funny - I remember when you were on tour with your dad and I held you.’ Like Elton John and people from that era,” she added.
And despite Phil’s split from her mother Jill Tavelman when she was young, Lily insists she had a very happy childhood.
“I know the truth and I know how it was for me, and I know how much I love my family - and that’s all that really matters,” said the 23-year-old.
- Julia Roberts loves Lily Collins's dad - Mar 25, 2012
- Lily Collins hated 'Mirror, Mirror' costumes - Feb 18, 2012
- Chelsea cried remembering mother - Feb 10, 2012
- Collins happy with Hepburn comparison - Mar 27, 2012
- Elton John will never join Twitter - Jul 22, 2012
- Jill Scott loses 50 pounds - May 18, 2011
- I am not funny: Daniel Craig - Sep 03, 2012
- Lily Collins wants to write, direct - Mar 29, 2012
- Clarkson prefers comfort over style - May 29, 2012
- Lily Allen saves designs for 'would-be' daughter - Jul 07, 2010
- Hathaway felt pressure while filming 'One Day' - Sep 11, 2011
- Man U stars showed me how to win, says Defoe - Nov 27, 2010
- Amanda Seyfried talks about her latest project 'Gone' - Feb 27, 2012
- Price to meet new boyfriend's parents - Mar 30, 2011
- Gaga mourns loss of godfather - Jul 29, 2012