I never really set out to be a film actress, says Carey MulliganJanuary 15th, 2011 - 4:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 15 (ANI): Carey Mulligan has revealed that she never wanted to be a film actress.
The star of ‘An Education’ is set to take to the Broadway stage to play a mentally ill woman in Ingmar Bergman’s Through A Glass Darkly.
And she said that she has no qualms about putting her film career on hold for the play.
“It’s thrilling. Literally, all I wanted to do as a child was be in a Broadway play and live in New York. I’m kind of on cloud nine,” the Daily Express quoted Carey as saying.
“I’m more consumed by theatre than I am by film. I never really set out to be a film actress. I love it and I’m incredibly lucky but I find it easier to throw myself into a play.
“I’m always much more self-aware and self-conscious when I’m doing film because cameras really freak me out,” she added. (ANI)
- Mulligan set to return to theatre - Jan 14, 2011
- Carey Mulligan hates revealing clothes - Oct 20, 2010
- Carey Mulligan dreams about playing Juliet - Sep 22, 2010
- Ingmar Bergman was very funny: Liv Ullmann (Interview) - Jul 09, 2010
- Keira Knightley always helps her friends in crisis - Jan 03, 2011
- Mulligan back to Britain post-split from LaBeouf - Oct 18, 2010
- Knightley hates her bad skin - Mar 17, 2012
- Carey Mulligan doesn't want to be thin - Dec 12, 2010
- Two Indians and Liv Ullmann - in one film - Dec 14, 2011
- Haven't seen myself naked for decade: Mulligan - Jan 17, 2012
- Not just monuments, Sweden keeps Bergman's legacy alive - Jul 14, 2010
- Daniel Radcliffe receives rave reviews for his musical debut on Broadway - Mar 29, 2011
- Mulligan is brilliant at crying: Knightley - Jan 31, 2011
- Carey Mulligan was told to get Botox at 25 - Dec 08, 2010
- LaBeouf happy about Mulligan's marriage - Sep 07, 2012