I never intended to write and direct a film: JolieDecember 12th, 2011 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Dec 12 (IANS) Actress Angelina Jolie, who is gearing up for the release of her directorial debut “In the Land of Blood and Honey”, says she never intended to direct.
“I never intended to write and direct a film. But after going to a lot of countries over 10 years and meeting people post-conflict in places like Afghanistan or Darfur, where the question of intervention comes up, I wanted to express a story (about) how war changes people,” nydaily.com quoted Jolie as saying.
“It’s not just simply about war. It’s about how human beings break down when surrounded by such ugliness and hate. And how decent people can be broken,” she added.
The movie revolves around a Bosnian Muslim woman during the Bosnian War of the 1990s who falls in love with a Serbian policeman. As the Bosnian women are forced into camps, the policeman brings her to the prison that’s under his command, even though his true loyalties are tested.
- Serbians find Jolie's war film 'racist' - Dec 14, 2011
- I had a complete emotional breakdown: Jolie - Jan 15, 2012
- Jolie honoured at Peace ceremony - Feb 15, 2012
- Angelina Jolie movie criticised in Serbia - Jan 22, 2012
- I've written a story about my mother: Jolie - Dec 31, 2011
- Jolie honoured with Bosnian citizenship - Apr 25, 2012
- Jolie receives threats over directorial debut - Feb 16, 2012
- Angelina Jolie talks about her directing tryst - Aug 30, 2011
- Jolie in tears at movie screening - Feb 16, 2012
- Jolie's directorial debut named 'In the Land of Blood and Honey' - May 17, 2011
- Jolie working on a film about Afghanistan - Dec 27, 2011
- Jolie slated to make her directorial debut soon - Aug 26, 2010
- Pitt, Jolie meet Obama at White House - Jan 12, 2012
- Actress Angelina Jolie to write and direct Bosnian War film - Aug 26, 2010
- Jolie grateful for Sarajevo citizenship - May 07, 2012
Tags: 10 years, 1990s, actress angelina jolie, afghanistan, angelina jolie, blood and honey, bosnian muslim, bosnian war, conflict, darfur, directorial debut, human beings, love, loyalties, meeting people, muslim woman, new york dec, serbian policeman, ugliness, war changes